Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can I program device ON/OFF?

Vicent13

Question

Hi,

I have a motion sensor (PIR) within my living room. As usual, my living room has lot of movement (even my dog is detected by it) so its battery drains faster than it should.

Is it any possibility where I can activate and deactivate the motion sensor within the HC? I mean: I use this motion sensor just to start a night-scene (to close blinds, turn off lights, etc.) so I would need to be turned off (not detecting and not consuming battery) during day and then turn on at (for example) 20h until 7h.

How can I do it?

Best regards.

12 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, Vicent13 said:

Hi,

I have a motion sensor (PIR) within my living room. As usual, my living room has lot of movement (even my dog is detected by it) so its battery drains faster than it should.

Is it any possibility where I can activate and deactivate the motion sensor within the HC? I mean: I use this motion sensor just to start a night-scene (to close blinds, turn off lights, etc.) so I would need to be turned off (not detecting and not consuming battery) during day and then turn on at (for example) 20h until 7h.

How can I do it?

Best regards.

I am using the Fibaro multi sensor, i can set the wake up interval and the timings for the device to report.

What sensor is it ?

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, ppeterr said:

I am using the Fibaro multi sensor, i can set the wake up interval and the timings for the device to report.

What sensor is it ?

Hi and thanks for your reply.

It is

Please login or register to see this link.

. I can see that it includes a command called "wakeup command class", but to be honest, I don't know how to use it :)

1 hour ago, Vicent13 said:

Hi and thanks for your reply.

It is

. I can see that it includes a command called "wakeup command class", but to be honest, I don't know how to use it :)

Perhaps it's a lot easier to put the scenes in a profile so that they don't run between a certain time.

At a block scene made on the HC3. Can you also specify the time per scene that it may be executed.

But well, that doesnt change the battery drain.

This is the one 1 have, i think the battery will last at least 2 years....not sure yet.

Edited by ppeterr

• Inquirer
  • 24 minutes ago, ppeterr said:

Perhaps it's a lot easier to put the scenes in a profile so that they don't run between a certain time.

At a block scene made on the HC3. Can you also specify the time per scene that it may be executed.

But well, that doesnt change the battery drain.

This is the one 1 have, i think the battery will last at least 2 years....not sure yet.

Thanks again. Yes, my problem is not the scene but the fact that the sensor is continuosly "detecting" movements and it makes this battery drainage. My idea is to "switch off" the device between hours, is it possible somehow?

30 minutes ago, Vicent13 said:

Thanks again. Yes, my problem is not the scene but the fact that the sensor is continuosly "detecting" movements and it makes this battery drainage. My idea is to "switch off" the device between hours, is it possible somehow?

I think you can only change some parameters, but not off/on.

Is there some documentation online for the device ? 

• Inquirer
  • 18 hours ago, ppeterr said:

I think you can only change some parameters, but not off/on.

Is there some documentation online for the device ? 

I have the attached pdf manual.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

To change the parameters (4. PIR Detecting Function Enabled/Disabled) the PIR needs to wake up. So it will be hard to handle a time from 20h til 7h. 

Movement should not drain the batteries. I also use PIR with movement all the time, no problems with the batteries. 

You saved money with the price of this PIR, you can spend some of it for batteries ?

Well, i dont know much about this stuff :)  

But i see you can set parameter 4, if you could script (i cant for sure) this to be set at certain times.....

But i doubt if this would help not draining the batteries.

4. PIR Detecting Function Enabled/Disabled This parameter can enable or disable PIR detector detecting function. Function: Enabled/Disabled PIR Function Parameter Number: 4 Parameter Size: 1 Byte Available Settings: 0 or 255.0 – Disable PIR Detector Function:255 – Enable PIR Detector Function Default Setting: 255

What is the timelife of the battery now ?

27 minutes ago, ppeterr said:

But i see you can set parameter 4, if you could script (i cant for sure) this to be set at certain times.....

The parameter could be set with:

Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_10/image.png.7961916e272d41f58221e55b3744c0e3.png" />

But the PIR needs to wakeup, to change its settings. If you set the wakeup time too high, you drain the battery ?

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

I would never ever allow this into my house ?

But the cheapest solution might be:

34 minutes ago, ppeterr said:

I would never ever allow this into my house ?

But the cheapest solution might be:

No probably this is the cheapest solution:

?

• Like 1