Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Double Switch 2 doesn't turn the light off

msialk

Question

I'm observing wired behaviour of my double switch. I connected it to two LED lights stripes. One of them works ok, the second one (connected to fibaro double switch in exactly the same way) is broken. It cannot be switched off by light switch on the wall as well as by fibaro system. In fibaro system I see that state is changed when I push the wall switch but the light is constantly is on. There is no way to turn the light off... What is more interesting after connecting all wires to the fibaro double switch everything works ok, I can switch the light on and off but then (after a couple of switches) it stops working and from that moment light is always on... I tried to switch S1 and S2, Q1 and Q2 with the second LED strip and in every configuration the behaviour is the same - one LED works ok, the second one at first works good but then stop working and light is constantly on.

3 answers to this question

I have exactly the same problem.

But, with web interface the switch it's working random.

@msialk it sound like the S2 relay might be getting stuck. Try tapping it gently when stuck to see if it will release. This can sometimes happen when you have a high contact load (or inrush current) and the contacts weld due to heat load.

Does it keep getting stuck? If so, your led strip driver may have too high an in rush current for the relay and you might need to try another type.

You can also use an inrush limiter, But I think your device is already damaged.

If you search the forum for 'inrush" you will find a lot of broken devices and solutions to avoid this problem.