Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Auto off and firmware update

Daniel.E

Question

Hi all,

Firstly im running a HC3 controller.

I have an implant on my garage roller door which was working perfectly. The operation of the roller door only requires a pulse trigger which I has used output 1 with parameter 156 set to auto off at 2 seconds. This worked beautifully.

Over the course if the time I have had the fibaro system with lots of refining, diagnosing etc, somewhere along the line the auto off still seems to work but does not seem to update its status on the interphase which then requires you to press off then on again to operate.

I removed and included the device again and this did not work.

I noticed that the firmware is version 3.3. All other implants on my system are version 5.1? I assume 3.3 is factory default firmware after removal and re inclusion? 

Problem I have to diagnose this is that the device is not showing up in the HC3 device updates? Is there a way to manually update or force update check on a device?

Anyone else experience this issue with auto off and have a fix?

1 answer to this question

Hi @Daniel.E

The firmware also depends on the hardware version of the device. Have also some devices with different versions of firmware. If you had the possibility to upgrade a firmware version of any device, it will keep this version of firmware even after exclusion/inclusion.
AFAIK, there is no possibility to force a firmware update.

For the status update you can have a look if the "lifeline" is set or try to delete it and set it again.

Please login or register to see this link.

I do not know if you have polling active on this device, or would activate polling if this could be a fix for your update problem.

Or you can try to increase the time on parameter 150. to increase the puls time.

This parameter defines the inertia time of IN1 input in alarm modes. Adjust this parameter to prevent bouncing or signal disruptions. Parameter is relevant only if parameter 20 is set to 0 or 1 (alarm mode).
Parameter size: 1B
Default value: 10 (100ms)

Available values: 1-100 (10ms-1000ms, 10ms step)

Edited by Flash