Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

My HC3 - My (bad) Experience So Far

andyb749

Question

So, I've just recently got the HC3 and so far its been a bit of a battle to get it working any where close to the HC2.

Out of the box, the setup script didn't work and it took a couple of iterations before I got through it.

In no particular order here's some of the issues I've encountered to date:

* The GUI is very slow, sometimes to the point that mouse clicks are missed, and certain portions of the GUI are not rendered.

* The time can be out.  At one point the clock on the banner was showing 1551, but the history was showing events with the correct time of 1630.

* A lot of devices will appear as unavailable - in particular all my Fibaro Motion Sensors and Popp TRVs.  I've changed some parameters on the Aeon/Aotech device I have as I suspect the network is busy 

* The Fibaro motion detectors are not detecting motion, they are reporting temperature, lux and will flash on the device when motion is detected... but not in the web UI.

* Fibaro door/window detectors are not detecting doors opening.  They appear to be reporting temperatures OK

* Secure SRT Thermostat.  One of these works, the other is reporting a temperature at least 10C higher than the room

* Secure SRT Thermostats & Popp TRVs.  There is no ability to set a temperature setpoint on these, and in the climate panel there's a warning that they may not work.  They do work using the climate panel

* Fibaro RGBW.  The on/off button does not function and it doesn''t look like RGBW mode is supported.  In fact, when included the RGB panel was hidden and five individual sliders were shown instead.  It is impossible to control from any scenes.  Setting a colour slider causes multiple entries to be logged in the history - one from user with set colour, then two, three, sometimes more from system with completed incorrect RGB values.  

* Everspring ST815 Light Sensor.  Includes OK, never updates any value and doesn't send a command to the associated devices

* Lots of devices without templates

That's all for now, but these were all features that just worked in the HC2.   In general, its not a good experience and trying to explain to my wife why she can't control the heating and that the lights in the kitchen aren't working is not easy.

Other things that I wanted was the promised support of Zigbee and RF433 protocols, but they appear to be a distant dream for now.

• Like 2

My adventure with HC3 don't even start and I,'m in shock already. Today I purchased brand new HC3 because 2 months ago I started to play with fibaro in my apartment using HC3lite. I reached 27 devices, limit of 20scenes and i'm overall satisfied. I called fibaro to be sure to do everything for easy and quick jump from hc3 lite to hc3 and until now I'm totally shocked because the answer was.... it is impossible...simply like that.... it doesn't work. Dear customer you have to remove all devices and mount it once again to hc3, dear customer you have to create all scenes from a scratch. .....dear VALUABLE ....Customer. I'm in shock......  

18 minutes ago, MaciekJ said:

My adventure with HC3 don't even start and I,'m in shock already. Today I purchased brand new HC3 because 2 months ago I started to play with fibaro in my apartment using HC3lite. I reached 27 devices, limit of 20scenes and i'm overall satisfied. I called fibaro to be sure to do everything for easy and quick jump from hc3 lite to hc3 and until now I'm totally shocked because the answer was.... it is impossible...simply like that.... it doesn't work. Dear customer you have to remove all devices and mount it once again to hc3, dear customer you have to create all scenes from a scratch. .....dear VALUABLE ....Customer. I'm in shock......  

To by pass scenes limit, you could try

Please login or register to see this link.

or

4 hours ago, cag014 said:

To by pass scenes limit, you could try

or

Limit of scenes wasn't only reason. Hc3 lite i used to as a training machine . Hc3 has overall better performance, and less restrictions. Problem is that someone should clearly mention about lack of compatibility of hc3 and hc3 lite. 

yesterday I discovered that quibino's two relay modules work infinitely better in Hc3 than fibaro's own, zero latency, you activate and deactivate it and do it a thousand times in a row and it does not fail at all, in fíbaro the third time is caught system, I do not understand which is the path of Fíbaro, at what moment did it go wrong?  HC2 was wonderful, I still don't understand why it walks backwards and not forwards.

• Like 2

No way. if I added HC3 as a slave i would have to erase HC3L still. Other combination according to fibaro support is not possible. So I opened both devices on my browser and rewrite all scenes and before that for a 6 hours I erased and the reinstalled all devices. I must admit that the good thing is that I made clean up after the test phase on HC3L and corrected many small or larger mistakes i mad.

Still I think that it is huuuuuuge *abuse* which Fibaro did with both devices.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:25 PM, MaciekJ said:

Problem is that someone should clearly mention about lack of compatibility of hc3 and hc3 lite. 

Fibaro did it at multiple places

18 minutes ago, MaciekJ said:

if I added HC3 as a slave i would have to erase HC3L still. Other combination according to fibaro support is not possible.

it is by design, downgrade from 700 to 500 is "not possible". I don't think that the word impossble even exists, at least not in my vocabulary. From technical point of view, one could migrate data in both directions, but of course with lot of effort and risk. This, and the target market, are reasons why Fibaro decided to not allow any migrations with HC3L. Yes, it is very unfotunate for installers and customers, but this is how it is (for now i think, years ago there was "no way" to migrate HCL to HC2, later Fibaro revided it ...) As posted above, the information about migration restriction is there, so one can't make Fibaro responsible for own mistakes, but still, bit bad feeling.

• Inquirer
  • And now I've found yet another issue.

You cannot change the colour of a RGBW device using the mobile app.  It can only be switched on or off.

So imagine the scenario:  "its halloween, should we change the colour of these lights to green?".  "hold on, I'll just go get my laptop and wait for it to start up and then start up a web browser".  "why don't you use your phone?".    

Its an absolute joke.

El 1/11/2021 a las 10:29 a.m., andyb749 dijo:

Y ahora encontré otro problema.

No se puede cambiar el color de un dispositivo RGBW usando la aplicación móvil. Solo se puede encender o apagar.

Así que imagina el escenario: "es Halloween, ¿deberíamos cambiar el color de estas luces a verde?". "Espera, iré a buscar mi computadora portátil y esperaré a que se inicie y luego iniciaré un navegador web". "¿Por qué no usas tu teléfono?".    

Es una broma absoluta.

Select in device settings if it is RGBW or RGB, the same thing happened to me and I solved it like this.

Oooops. Thx for the info!

My HC2 has stopped working and in spite of previous bad experiences I planned to go for HC3 as I expected it to be much improved and provide an easy upgrade path.

It is amazing to see that Fibaro has learned nothing from all the critics over the last 6-7 years.

I will look for another controller and any suggestions are appreciated!