Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Velux KLF200 Interface

Guest Tommie11

Question

Guest Tommie11

Good morning,

does anyone know if the provision for instance of an Quick App, either by FIBARO or third party, is planned or in progress for the Velux KLF200? Velux provides a publicly description of their KLF200 API (attached).

I ve seen, not yet tested though, in open hab an velux extension for KLF200 is provided. It would be a quite nice feature to access Velux product portfolio with the homecenter 3.

Thank you very much for any comments on above question.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

6 answers to this question

@Tommie11

I am also very interested in an implementation of the KLF200 by fibaro. I have a Somfy IO system on the wall here, and I use the KLF200 to control it myself. In the meantime, with the help of others, I have gotten to the point where I can operate the basics with the HC3. I can position the sunblinds with a quickapp. Using the KLF200 API. For now that's good enough for me, but of course I'd like to get more out of the API.

@ppeterr Perhaps you can download this script

Please login or register to see this link.

and with a bit of luck you can use parts of it

37 minutes ago, akatar said:

@ppeterr Perhaps you can download this script

Please login or register to see this link.

and with a bit of luck you can use parts of it

Thank you! I'll definitely check that out. But for now as I typed earlier it suffices.

But there will, and should be, a way to access the velux API without installing any additional controller software or scripts on my RPi.

I'm going to go through that script for homeseer, and then I probably can't do anything with it, because it's too advanced.

On the other hand, everything has worked out so far. So who knows.

Thanks again.

@Tommie11 So, there is a way, to acces the KLF api from your homecenter. Control some basic stuff on your velux device with it.

Guest Tommie11
  • Inquirer
  • On 10/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, ppeterr said:

Thank you! I'll definitely check that out. But for now as I typed earlier it suffices.

But there will, and should be, a way to access the velux API without installing any additional controller software or scripts on my RPi.

I'm going to go through that script for homeseer, and then I probably can't do anything with it, because it's too advanced.

On the other hand, everything has worked out so far. So who knows.

Thanks again.

@Tommie11 So, there is a way, to acces the KLF api from your homecenter. Control some basic stuff on your velux device with it.

Thank you very much. It's good to know that there are some ways to access the KLF200 via the HC3. The next days I'll have a look at the referenced "HomeSeer" Message Board. The winter is ahead and some time to spend on this. I also might ask some questions, but lets see ...

BR

6 hours ago, Tommie11 said:

Thank you very much. It's good to know that there are some ways to access the KLF200 via the HC3. The next days I'll have a look at the referenced "HomeSeer" Message Board. The winter is ahead and some time to spend on this. I also might ask some questions, but lets see ...

BR

You might want to look at the following posts.

And the follow up with

Edited by ppeterr