Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro HC3 and Home Assistant Integration

vid_ua

This topic in an umbrella for discussing the existing Fibaro HC3 and Home Assistant integration - 

Please login or register to see this link.

Key features:

• Device support for RGBW + dimmer + binary lights, Remote Controllers, Energy API that has been announced by Home Assistant recently, most switches, thermostats, binary and multi-level sensors, shutters/covers 
  • Bi-directional integration
  • Ability to detect new devices during QuickApp runtime, not only during startup. Ability to track and propagate Device configuration changes and Device removal events to Home Assistant during QA runtime
  • Simplified setup with no username/password required for HC3 authentication
  • Ability to setup MQTT credentials, or use it in a passwordless mode
  • High performance by using Fibaro HC3 async pull requests

UPDATE as for another HC3 <-> Home Assistant integration mentioned in the thread below - my initial implementation has been released to GitHub yet in 2020, when no other integrations seemed to available. I believe the best approach would be to combine the best efforts into implementing a single component, but it didn't happen so we live with two implementations now

Edited by vid_ua
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vid_ua said:

This topic in an umbrella for discussing the existing Fibaro HC3 and Home Assistant integration - 

Key features:

• bi-directional integration
  • high performance by using Fibaro HC3 async pull requests
  • support for most switches and light devices, thermostats, binary and multi-level sensors, shutters, energy and power meters

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

good job. have you seen

>readHc3EventAndScheduleFetcher

Please login or register to see this code.

1st do not user auth for hc3

2nd please do not use logging etc if possible

Edited by hater

• Topic Author
  • @hater there is quite a significant difference:

• broader devices support, including RGBW + dimmer + binary lights, Remote Controllers, Energy API that has been announced by Home Assistant team recently, most switches, thermostats, binary and multi-level sensors for different classes, shutters/covers
    • ability to setup credentials for MQTT connection
    • continuous development and support in a structured way at GitHub platform, and $ donations to support the development, which is optional but always welcome :)

My initial implementation has been released to GitHub yet in 2020 and it is visible for anyone. I did it because no other integration seemed to available at that point. "Тому вітаю, баян в когось іншого :)"

Passwordless mode is now available in both HC3 <-> Home Assistant integrations.

I believe the best approach would be to combine the best efforts into implementing a single component, but it didn't happen so we live with two implementations now

Edited by vid_ua

16 hours ago, vid_ua said:

Passwordless mode is now available in both HC3 <-> Home Assistant integrations.

Fibaro endpoint 127.0.0.1 always pass auth, just FYI

• 1 year later...

@vid_ua

Hey, hope your oke. I installed your quickapp. And it seems to work oke.

Only thing is, i have a repeating error in the HC3 logs.

[31.12.2022] [09:58:55] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP496]: ---------------------------------------------------

[31.12.2022] [09:58:55] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP496]: Started monitoring events from Fibaro Home Center 3

[31.12.2022] [09:58:55] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP496]: ---------------------------------------------------

[31.12.2022] [09:58:55] [WARNING] [QUICKAPP496]: Unexpected response status STARTING_SERVICES

[31.12.2022] [09:58:56] [WARNING] [QUICKAPP496]: Unexpected response status STARTING_SERVICES

[31.12.2022] [09:58:57] [WARNING] [QUICKAPP496]: Unexpected response status STARTING_SERVICES

• Topic Author
  • Hi @ppeterr, just to keep people updated updated about the details and ongoing discussion in GitHub issue tracker 

, in case anyone else get into the same kind of situation

30 minutes ago, vid_ua said:

Hi @ppeterr, just to keep people updated updated about the details and ongoing discussion in GitHub issue tracker 

, in case anyone else get into the same kind of situation

Yes, that's definitely a good idea, this quickapp has a lot of potential.  And of course I want it to work top notch. Perhaps other users have ideas. Anyway, as I said on github. Let me know how I can possibly help resolve this. With any tests or logs.

Thanks Alexander.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alexander,

I just discovered your quick app and successfully installed it and connected it to HASS. 

But... I have not found how I can access the service of an entity from fibaro (be it through a scene or annoter quick app).

I may have missed something.

I'm pretty new to HASS but installed one in order to be able to automate a heating system through a custom integration that was available (comap home).

The entity for this heating system are created in HASS and I can action them from HASS card or HASS developper service tab.

I was hopping to be able to call the related service from Fibaro but can't figure it out. The QA does show in his bottom part a number of HA entity.

in HA I do see the Fibaro device... but in Fibaro...

I hope I was clear. Happy to elaborate as need be.

Many thanks,

Gael

(I may better try to develop a native "comap" device for Fibaro :-)) 

@GaelP

If i understand you correctly you want to use a entity from HA with your HC3.

For what i understand this quickapp does it the otherway around, you can connect the HC3 with your

homeassistant installation, to use the devices from fibaro in HASS.

You need another quickapp. I have something like this installed on my Homecenter.

This imports the entities from HA, and you can select wich one to use in your Homecenter.

I have searched the forum, but i cant recall where it came from. Sorry for that, maybe other users 

can help pointing you in the right direction. (and help me to remeber where i got this one from) :P

image.png.4c0724ce61dd69382ef310c8cc1d2f74.png

Hi and thanks for your swift answer. You got it right: I'm trying to use an entity from HA in the HC3.

Would you be able to download this quick app and send it to me? looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. 

Many thanks, 

Gael

6 minutes ago, GaelP said:

Hi and thanks for your swift answer. You got it right: I'm trying to use an entity from HA in the HC3.

Would you be able to download this quick app and send it to me? looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. 

Many thanks, 

Gael

Ok. This is not my quickapp, i dont know anything about the code. I give no support. Review the code before use.

- enter ip in vars , and token in the code before use.

Good luck :)  

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

It the quickapp from Rangee?

Yes :)  Thats it, thanks..

@GaelP Please continue in that topic 

Edited by ppeterr

Many thanks all. I’ll give it a try over the weekend… During the week I’m far from home… and work :-(

• Topic Author
  • Just to keep everyone aware - I'm constantly monitoring feature requests at 

Should you need a prompt response on topics related to Fibaro HC3 => Home Assistant integration, please use GitHub, and newly activate "Discussions" module 

, as I have limited ability to monitor Fibaro Forum

Edited by vid_ua