Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heat Controller excluded from HomeKit after upgrade

JCWV

I received a new Heat Controller HK (FGBHT-001) and added it successfully to my network. It came with firmware version 1.1 and asked to be updated. The update went obviously well but the device did not connect anymore to my network. I reseted the device and deleted it from the HomeApp.

Now I cannot add the device anymore to my network. Not even the sticker is recognized. When forcing the pairing by manually typing-in the device code, it shows-up once, does something and ends with an error message saying pairing is not possible. 

I reported that to the Fibaro support hotline but did nor receive an answer - after one week. All in all a very sad experience with a device double the price point of its well functioning competitor eve Thermostat.

Has anyone an idea what can be done to motivate the device to join my network again?

(BTW: this is the second of three purchased Fibaro Heat Controllers having that issue. The other one was already returned to the seller.)

Edited by JCWV

• Topic Author
  • There is an older post in Polish on this. It is kind of emotional:

I actually don't understand why Fibaro does not act on this known issue. What a shame....

• Topic Author
  • Solved

The iPhone needs to be restarted. Only then the device can be discovered after the firmware upgrade. 

Fibaro could do better when mentioning this in the documentation!