Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Issue with return of state between Simon iO actuators and HC3

dmtcs

Question

Hello everyone,

I have just integrated several Simon iO actuators with HC3 and there is an issue with the devices' state which does not change properly neither in the web interface nor Yubii app. This happens for the following actuators:
- Simon 100 iO Roller Shutters

- Simon 100 iO Dimmers

The update of device's state is not automatically reported to web interface/app when pressing manually the roller shutter switch or dimmer.

The same happens when the device's control is coming from the app/web interface. For example, you set the shutter to be closed (0%) but the state in the app/web interface still shows opened (100%). 

I am using Z-Wave 3.0 and the HC3 firmware version is 5.080.20.

I tried to force this communication between the devices and the HC3 through associations but with the same result. Apart from this, there are no templates for the Simon 100 iO devices and I can not add/modify any parameter in the web interface (don't have the option in parameters) or poll them. For example, I can not set a basic_report command to the controller when the devices change their states in order to force their updates in the system.

Is this due to Z-Wave 3.0 and a HC3 firmware update which has not come yet?

Has anybody any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

1 answer to this question

I have many Simon 100 devices connected to the HC3 and I don't have the problem you mention, yes, I have Z-Wave Engine 2.0.
I would try to install the old version which is more stable for now.
The template issue has been demanded many times, but I don't think they will implement it. The parameters can be configured manually.