Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

SmartHomeEddy

Question

This QuickApp monitors your Solax managed Solar Panels

The QuickApp has (child) devices for Solarpower/m², Today production, Total production, Total Power to Grid, Total Energy to Grid, Energy from Grid, Total Power/m², Battery Energy, AC Power R, AC Power S, AC Power T, Battery Power, Power DC1, Power DC2, Power DC3 and Power DC4
The rateType interface of child device Today Energy is automatically set to "production"
The readings from the child device Today Energy will be shown in the new energy panel 
The readings from the child device Total Energy is automatically set to the right Wh unit (Wh, kWh, MWh or GWh) 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

See API documentation on

Please login or register to see this link.

User can get a specific range of information through the granted tokenID. Please obtain your tokenID on the API page of Solaxcloud for free.
The tokenID can be used to obtain real-time data of your inverter system. The obtain frequency need to be lower than 10 times/min and 10,000 times/day.

Version 3.0 (19th February 2023)

• Changed the descriptions of the Solax Cloud values
  • Converted the feedinpower value from positive to negative or from negative to positive
  • Added translation for English, Dutch and Portugese
  • Added child device for consumeenergy

Version 2.1 (4th December 2022)

• Prevented almost empty responses like these: {"success":false,"exception":"Query success!","result":"this sn did not access!"}
  • Added log text to main device if no data from Solax Cloud 

Version 2.0 (16th April 2022)

• Added Child Devices for feedinpower, feedinenergy, consumeenergy, feedinpowerM2, soc, peps1, peps2, peps3, batPower, powerdc1, powerdc2, powerdc3, powerdc4
  • Added all values returned from the Solax Cloud to the labels
  • Changed all the device types to the most current ones
  • Changed the handling of bad responses from the Solax Cloud
  • Replaced null values in responses with 0.0
  • Optimized some code

Version 1.0 (17th November 2021)

• Tested, ready for release

Version 0.2 (15th November 2021)

• Changed json response

Version 0.1 (13th November 2021)

• First (test) version

Variables (mandatory): 

• tokenId = token ID of your Solax Inverter, obtain your tokenID on the API page of Solaxcloud for free
  • inverterSN = Unique identifier (Serial No.) of your Solax inverter
  • solarM2 = The amount of m2 Solar Panels (use . for decimals) for calculating Solar Power m² (default = 0)
  • interval = The default is 300 seconds (5 minutes), the daily API limitation is maximum 10 times/min and 10,000 times/day
  • debugLevel = Number (1=some, 2=few, 3=all, 4=simulation mode) (default = 1)

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_11/solax_icon_transp.png.f9c734692fbdaca53d5e05ad76976073.png" />

API items: Description (Accuracy) (Unit)

• inverterSN: Unique identifier of inverter (Serial No.)
  • sn: Unique identifier of communication module (Registration No.)
  • acpower: Inverter.AC.power.total (1) (W)
  • yieldtoday: Inverter.AC.energy.out.daily (0.1) (KWh)
  • yieldtotal: Inverter.AC.energy.out.total (0.1) (KWh)
  • feedinpower: Grid.power.total (1) (W)
  • feedinenergy: Grid.energy.toGrid.total (0.01) (KWh)
  • consumeenergy: Grid.energy.fromGrid.total (0.01) (KWh)
  • feedinpowerM2: Inverter.Meter2.AC.power.total (1) (W)
  • soc: inverter.DC.battery.energy.SOC (1) (%)
  • peps1: Inverter.AC.EPS.power.R (1) (W)
  • peps2: Inverter.AC.EPS.power.S (1) (W)
  • peps3: Inverter.AC.EPS.power.T (1) (W)
  • inverterType: Inverter type, details refer to Table 4 in appendix
  • inverterStatus: Inverter status, details refer to Table 5 in appendix
  • uploadTime: Update time (format 2016-10-26 17:33:01)
  • batPower: Inverter.DC.Battery.power.total (1) (W)
  • powerdc1: Inverter.DC.PV.power.MPPT1 (1) (W)
  • powerdc2: Inverter.DC.PV.power.MPPT2 (1) (W)
  • powerdc3: Inverter.DC.PV.power.MPPT3 (1) (W)
  • powerdc4: Inverter.DC.PV.power.MPPT4 (1) (W)

Download the QuickApp here (download the file and un-zip):

or from the Fibaro Marketplace: 

How to install: 

1. Open the Configuration Interface
  2. Go to Settings > Devices
  3. Click  +
  4. Choose Other Device
  5. Choose Upload File
  6. Choose file from your computer with .fqa

Edited by SmartHomeEddy
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

which one is for concumption and which one is for production ? I have put this but i'm not sure :

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_02/image.png.cbda4fc6032317feb68bcadfa277c116.png" />

Thanks

• Inquirer
  • Hi @esolma

The child device "Today energy" is a production value (kWh) and can be used in your HC3 Energy Panel. 

For consumption, it depends on what other devices you have that can supply values to the Energy Panel. In the Solax QuickApp there are two child devices for consumption (kWh):

- feedinenergy: Grid.energy.toGrid.total (0.01) (KWh)

- consumeenergy: Grid.energy.fromGrid.total (0.01) (KWh)

You could also insert Watt values voor instantaneous power, you can see the value on top of your Yubii app. For consumption:

- acpower: Inverter.AC.power.total (1) (W)

And for production:

- powerdc1: Inverter.DC.PV.power.MPPT1 (1) (W)

- powerdc2: Inverter.DC.PV.power.MPPT2 (1) (W)

- powerdc3: Inverter.DC.PV.power.MPPT3 (1) (W)

- powerdc4: Inverter.DC.PV.power.MPPT4 (1) (W)

(I don't own a Solax inverter, so I can't see what values from the Solax cloud there actually are)

You could compare the values for production and consumption with your Solax mobile app to get the right settings. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

Actually I have this :

And in logs :

[20.02.2023] [14:17:21] [DEBUG] [SOLAX MONITOR ID:351]: Response data: {"success":true,"exception":"Query success!","result":{"inverterSN":"*******","sn":"*******","acpower":4595.0,"yieldtoday":22.3,"yieldtotal":342.6,"feedinpower":0.0,"feedinenergy":0.0,"consumeenergy":0.0,"feedinpowerM2":null,"soc":null,"peps1":null,"peps2":null,"peps3":null,"inverterType":"16","inverterStatus":"102","uploadTime":"2023-02-20 14:15:12","batPower":null,"powerdc1":2418.0,"powerdc2":2470.0,"powerdc3":0.0,"powerdc4":null,"batStatus":null}}
    [20.02.2023] [14:17:21] [DEBUG] [SOLAX MONITOR ID:351]: getValues() - Get the values from json file
    [20.02.2023] [14:17:21] [DEBUG] [SOLAX MONITOR ID:351]: Start solarPower() - Calculate Solar Power per m²
    [20.02.2023] [14:17:21] [DEBUG] [SOLAX MONITOR ID:351]: Start unitCheckWh() - Set the measurement and unit to kWh, MWh or GWh
    [20.02.2023] [14:17:21] [DEBUG] [SOLAX MONITOR ID:351]: updateLabels() - Update the labels
    [20.02.2023] [14:17:21] [DEBUG] [SOLAX MONITOR ID:351]: Current Power: 4595 Watt Solar Power/m²: 117.82 Watt/m² (39 m²) Today Energy: 22.3 kWh Total Energy: 342.6 kWh Total Power/m²: 0 Watt/m² Total Power to Grid: 0.00 Watt Total Energy to Grid: 0.00 kWh Energy from Grid: 0.00 kWh Battery Energy: 0 % Battery Power: 0 Watt AC Power R: 0 Watt AC Power S: 0 Watt AC Power T: 0 Watt Power DC1: 2418 Watt Power DC2: 2470 Watt Power DC3: 0 Watt Power DC4: 0 Watt Inverter Type: unknown Inverter Status: Normal Mode Last update: 20-02-2023 14:15
    [20.02.2023] [14:17:21] [DEBUG] [SOLAX MONITOR ID:351]: updateProperties() - Update the properties

Thank you for your help Eddy !

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Looks OK. 

You have some null values in the response. Those are for the battery values. You could hide some child devices, if that annoys you. (Don't delete them)

The null value for feedinpowerM2 is replaced by the QuickApp calculation with the m2 solar power. 

If the sun goes down and you use energy, other values should appear in the child devices. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

5 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Se ve bien.

Tiene algunos valores nulos en la respuesta. Esos son para los valores de la batería. Podrías ocultar algunos dispositivos infantiles, si eso te molesta. (No los elimines)

El valor nulo para feedinpowerM2 se reemplaza por el cálculo de QuickApp con la energía solar m2.

Si el sol se pone y usas energía, deberían aparecer otros valores en los dispositivos secundarios.

It depends on which version of firmware the inverter has... if it's something old when it's not there, the inverter turns off and stops registering values, mine for example is like this, this year's you can view both day and night, I'm trying to make it work but I can't, I suppose I have to create the variables in the GENERAL tab of HC3, because putting my touch on the web responds to me.

Eddy,

If I put SolarMonitor as production and PowerDC* as production too... In Energie Panel on application the production is double (all powerdc and monitor are added).... And if I put one in consumption, this is not correct on consumtion panel.

How can I correct ? Does I need to change SolarMonitor type to "other" for example ?

Thanks

• Inquirer
  • 55 minutes ago, esolma said:

If I put SolarMonitor as production and PowerDC* as production too

But why use both for instantaneous production power? Using both will double the Watt value in you Yubii app. You should only use the main device OR powerdc1,2,3,4. 

Hello, since I updated and had to go back because half of the things didn't work, the last backup I had was not yet on the solax monitor, and I implemented it by completing the variables and creating them in the general tab of hc3, so I don't know It returns values, by url with the touch it does give me values, any idea what could be happening?

• Inquirer
  • Hi @PedroChacon

I think, hope, I understand your situation.

The tokenId should be something else, not an URL. Only the token should be there. I see something in your pictures, you can check your token on: 

Use the quickapp variables (not general variables). 

btw you can test your token and serial number with this URL:

(replace token and serial with yours)

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

Thank you very much, the error was that you only have to put the tokenid and in the serial number you have to put the eñ of the communications card...not the one of the inverter, but it is already working perfectly, thanks again.

• Thanks 1