Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can't enter menu to do factory reset

Rothwang

Question

Hello esteemed community!

I need to do factor reset to several of my Fibaro z-wave devices as I've replaced a broken HC2 with a new HC3. Some devices such the wall plug was easy, but for the switch controllers FGS-2x it doesn't work. Following the instructions I never get the menu LED to light up, let alone get to yellow which indicates the factory reset selection.

Any great tips/advice on how to get into the menu? 

Cheers!

7 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Akatar but my new system don't have the old device connected so I can't do anything with/to them. Or am I missing a way to unpair a device my new controller can't see? (the old one where all the devices are connected to is dead)

• Inquirer
  • That's excellent news! I just wonder how you perform that exclusion when you can't find/detect the z-wave devices? Is there a way to discover them?

Dear all, thanks for the help! I managed to do as suggested, as the general disconnect with the new controller did work with the old devices! Much easier way - I just didn't realize that as first.

Case closed :)

Just press the exclude button on your HC.

Then you can click the exclude button. ( normally tripple click the B-button/ or S1 ).Could take a few times.

Then you HC should go into exclusion mode and reset your Zwave device.

After the exclusion you can include them again.

Edited by Flash

@Rothwang what do you mean?

just choose exclude button on youre conttroller and hit the exclude on youre devices

example fibaro wallplug: choose exclude on youre controller then hit the button on the wallplug 3 times