Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

1 RGB Stripe and 1 W Stripe with YUBII

ggoetz56

Question

Hi,

can someone explain how to configure an RGBW2 controller so that I can control a separate white stripe in YUBII APP?

In my Yubii App I have a color Slider and a brightness slider. As mentioned I use 1 RGB and 1 white Stripe. So how can achieve let say "orange" and in addition 80 % white.

Because RGB(W)- Stripes make no good white light and also have bad luminance when powered the same, I use a separate white stripe.

It for lightning up a fish-tank. With old fibaro app it was easy. Every color, even white has ist own slider. Just switched from HC2

Greetings 

Gerhard

7 answers to this question

Yes the RGBW device can be confusing.
If you have a solid color (white) LED strip, that port should be configured as Output, (not RGBW).
You then adjust the brightness in the Output channel to which the LED strip is connected, not in the RGBW Controller.
Unfortunately, I do not know what it looks like in Yubii because I do not use it.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by RH_Dreambox

• Inquirer
  • Thank you RX,

it looks different to me. I changed the first child device (the only one with that option) to Input/output. So I got 4 more devices On/off with slider.

The 1 RGBW Device is the same as it was. When I change RGBW-Color nothing happend to the new 4 ones - they stay off.

So i have to test what happens when i change the silder of each of the new devices.

But anyway your advice is the solution. Thank you.

If your interested I will sent pictures from Yubii gui and report what happens when you mix the devices:

Gerhard 

I may have misunderstood you, but I do not think you can mix RGBW strips and white LED strips in my configuration.
    What I describe is when you connect 1, 2, 3 or 4 white LED strips to an RGBW device. If you have multicolored LED strips, it is a completely different configuration.

• Inquirer
  • But it should work at all. Question is what Yubii does. Because with normal RGBW constellation you woun't be able to control the white line. It behaves like RGB.

• Inquirer
  • Ok It does like it should.

Only Yubii doesn't report it. I.e. if you change color in RGBW there is no change in the 4 separate sliderbars of the single "dimmer" and if you switch on a separate color and change its brightness, this makes no change to RGBW Icon.

I installed Yubii again to test, but I was not impressed with how it worked.
    If I chose a color and changed the brightness, the light on one or more outputs changed at the same time, but not always on the right output!
    If, on the other hand, I changed the sliders that are under the color control for a certain output, that particular LED strip was regulated correctly.

So if the device is configured Output for white light then it would have been better to hide the color controls because its function will be wrong for white light only.
    But that is unfortunately how Fibaro reasoned, it does not have user-friendliness as its first and biggest goal.

• Inquirer
  • BTW. To get a certain color like orange isn`t easy with 3 different sliders. So PLEASE Fibaro these are rgbW controller, enable your customer to use it with the interface you provide.

• Like 1