Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

What did you scored at BlackFriday ?

SmartHomeEddy

5 hours ago, petergebruers said:

Okay, I cannot keep a secret. I want a Pi 4 8GB thank you very much yes please!

🤣

PS unless you live under a rock, you know that it is not even possible to backorder this SBC! :)

The kind of thing that lies on my shelf collecting dust... 🫢

22 hours ago, Sjekke said:

Wooot, you have the SBC equivalent of a Rembrandt on your shelf 😁!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sjekke said:

Rpi is soooooooo 2020.......

Docker is 2022, docker can run on your 8110 :P Make anything docker, docker......did i say docker already....

(also i want a 8110.....with 5G, and docker....well maybe in 2023)  :P

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by ppeterr

10 minutes ago, ppeterr said:

Docker

Hehehe the world agrees with you, but I am an anarchist and you have no idea how hurt I am because you said: "docker" to me. About 20 people on this forum went like: "oh no, cringe, @ppeterr said 'docker' to Peter!"

LOL

BTW Nokia 8110, I owned one!

• Like 1

Well, i'm really sorry. The last one i want to hurt on this forum is you :P Or, well....not sure XxX

How can i make it up with you :)

Maybe this?  It doesnt feel right for me, but well....

• Like 2

Maybe i might get myself a 7110 this Blackfriday :)  

How cool would it be if this would work on a 4G KPN network, i could see myself walking around with this :)

Doesn't work with HC3 but that does not keep me from buying it.

60 GHz RADAR presence sensor Aqara FP1

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_11/RTCZCGQ11LM.jpg.ecd20fb0456cc306f9b59cd48cc6bd92.jpg" />

It is definitely a new class of device in many ways. The extremely high radar frequency makes it sensitive to tiny movement (eg breathing - although that only works at reduced distance) and its name "presence detector" is imho indeed correct, it is both a motion detector and a presence detector (eg detects presence when watching boring TV).

It is not meant to be bought in the EU though. I wonder if it violates some rules or simply  wasn't certified. It comes with a power adapter with US prongs.

• Like 1

BTW if I find a good offer, I am tempted to buy a few more Fibaro FGKF-601. IMHO it is the best fob/remote on the market, it simply has no competition. Excellent functionality. Reliable. Long battery life, ticks all my boxes

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_06/fibarosmart-homefibaro-keyfob-z-wave-plus-telecheiristerio-fgkf-601-a2182-550x550.jpg.51c2c62419e9c9c987b82763f01ff976.jpg" />

I used to be a lot more convinced that HA should be about "automation" and thus avoid all kinds of interfaces... But over the years I am more or less sure that you need to tell your HA system what you want, to help it make smart decisions, and the Fibaro Keyfob is a very nice device to do that.

For instance, one of my fobs has Sonos Presets and volume control... Much faster than grabbing your phone...

Edited by petergebruers

4 hours ago, petergebruers said:

Looks great. We use True Presence from Steinel in KNX and it is fun to see people using tin foil to cover areas that it should not detect.

• Topic Author
  • Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_11/image.png.bff019f6950a3d62cf5f2cb5f5b31467.png" />

Just one for the collection

21 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Music is great to grow up with

(and hopefully there is a headset plugin) 

Yes, BAX music is a great store, in Amsterdam there is a "real store" and you can try out everything.

I bought  a lot for them there, studio setup with speakers , this keyboard, headsets name it. Bax gives a stunning 7% black friday discount :)

Doesnt really matter, this keyboard is a beginner setup. He will be the new vangelis some day :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
    On 11/24/2022 at 10:46 AM, petergebruers said:

Doesn't work with HC3 but that does not keep me from buying it.

It is definitely a new class of device in many ways. The extremely high radar frequency makes it sensitive to tiny movement (eg breathing - although that only works at reduced distance) and its name "presence detector" is imho indeed correct, it is both a motion detector and a presence detector (eg detects presence when watching boring TV).

It is not meant to be bought in the EU though. I wonder if it violates some rules or simply  wasn't certified. It comes with a power adapter with US prongs.

So peter, did you recieve it already? And so, what are your thoughts?

I've seen some video's about this sensor, and what it can do looks amazing.

How cool would this to be working with a HC3. Are you planning to implement it in HA ?

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 4:20 PM, ppeterr said:

So peter, did you recieve it already?

I've got 3 of them in "production" and by this I mean that they really do control stuff, albeit in parallel with the existing PIR.

I did this so I could notice the difference between FP1 and PIR.

And so, what are your thoughts?

I like them so much, I will probably replace some of my PIR with it.

The very short version is this: it is called a "presence" sensor and it lives up to my expectations

While a PIR needs a lot of motion the FP1 "FMCW radar" can detect a very small amount of motion, say moving your head or your arms is enough to keep presence detected.

For example. In the past I used 2 x PIR in the TV room with a 15 minute cancel time, I now use a single FP1 with 1 minute cancel time. As soon as we enter the room, presence is "on". As long as we stay in the room and are awake (errrrr - some boring movies might cause issues) the FP1 never goes to 'OFF' while the old setup, with 2 x PIR, maybe once a month, still falsely detected "no presence"

Some people report false positives, due to its sensitivity. I have not seen false detection in my TV room, I looked at several days worth of data.

I've seen some video's about this sensor, and what it can do looks amazing.

I saw some of the vids and the reviewer claimed it was slow to detect presence and imho that is a bit of a misunderstanding what/how this sensor reports. The FP1 exposes "presence" and "presence events", in my setup the events are "quite fast". I do believe it would make sense to add a PIR to that setup, to be "a little bit faster". I haven't finished testing yet.

How cool would this to be working with a HC3.

At the moment only the Aqara gateways and Phoscon deCONZ have a full configuration interface. I use Z2M with Home Assistant, which ties everything together (ZigBee, Bluetooth, HC3, ESP8266/ESP32, ...) and it is missing some configuration options. The communication data protocol used by the FP1 has been reverse engineered, theoretically Fibaro could add it as a motion sensor, I do not know about their plans.

• Like 2

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the FP1. It all sounds very positive!

I suspect it will be a small challenge to get it working properly in HA. I've been running homeassistant for some years, but actually more to mess around with. And nothing serious. So i need to get zigbee working with some usb passthrough at my HA install that runs in a VM on my NAS.

After that I'm going to try to get it to work together with the FGMS that already controls some lamps here in the living room. Hopefully later a nice way to use it in the HC3.

So I just ordered one at Ali :) 

Now let me search for a zigbee solution for my HA install... 

Thank you Peter!

/me is ready 

image.png.0ac944072c55df89f748da75359dfacc.png

Edited by ppeterr

• 2 weeks later...

@petergebruers

You did something extra to make it add the zigbee network in Zigbee2MQTT?

Yesterday i recieved the Fp1. I have setup zigbee2mqtt with my Conbee2 in HA.

I am on the correct Conbee2 firmware, but i get no response on channel 11 or 25.

Might be missing something in the config.

Edited by ppeterr

5 minutes ago, ppeterr said:

You did something extra to make it add the zigbee network in Zigbee2MQTT?

No, all I did was follow the advice here: 

I have a CC2652 instead of a Conbee stick... The FP1 will only work if it "thinks" that the controller is an Aqara and Z2M firmware fakes this. This is really done by the firmware of the controller, there is no option to set or change.

11 minutes ago, ppeterr said:

I am on the correct Conbee2 firmware, but i get no response on channel 11 of 25.

Just curious, how do you know, sniffer or "Zigbee-herdsman debug logging"? If you haven't tried already I would enable "Zigbee-herdsman debug logging"

See 

If you see really nothing in that log when you hold (reset) and then click the FP1 then I do not know. I see no open issue on the z2m bugtracker, which makes me think it is not a z2m problem.

You could try Deconz software to debug this.

On 11/24/2022 at 12:43 PM, petergebruers said:

For instance, one of my fobs has Sonos Presets and volume control... Much faster than grabbing your phone...

Same here. I use keFob to change stations and playlists, change volume, mute-unmute. Script sends TTS with name of the selected radio station or playlist when selection button is pressed. Works really nice with Sonos API Player and jishi node-sonos-http-api :-)

Another keyFob is used to control TV. One press on the button does it all, from turning on TV, stopping music, adjusting lights...

• Like 1