Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Controlling Quick Apps With Alexa

ABDULLAH258

Question

Hey

Is any one has solution for controlling QA with alexa voice command i build quick apps for my devices as binary switch so i can control them from alexa to turn on/off only but nothing else i want to be able to control and set all option and buttons i created in QA, I can't find any solutions 

Edited by ABDULLAH258
I write something wrong

4 answers to this question

I had this problem and looked high an low for a solution. It seems like I saw this was a limitation in the Fibaro Integration in relation to Alexa certification and speed of implementation. I am not sure if that is true.

Suddenly this feature started working for me however. I can create quick apps in HC3 and control them in Alexa routines. I can do this for Light devices and non Light devices. I noticed at one point my iPhone was not auto updating my Alexa app, I am not sure if updating that impacted this change or not but I thrilled this works for me.

Can you post QA Alexa so that forum members can add or comment?

If you create an empty quick app binary switch in HC3 and discover devices in Alexa, it will show up. There is no code required to get that far. I have done it with a binary switch Light device, non Light device and also a multi level switch. 

Looking more at this, the problem remains where I cannot have a quick app trigger an Alexa routine. I can still control Quick Apps from Alexa routines though.

Edited by RedRocketFire