Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Rubbish - I decommissioned my Fibaro Thermostats.

JCWV

I really like the Fibaro design and am willing to pay an extra Euro. But my thermostats didn't work a single day without issues. They once a day loose their calibration and then open the valve completely. 

After a long weekend, I returned in a 34°C heated home. This makes me angry. Their service is not responding for weeks. I tried it twice by mail, I tried it here in this forum and I tried it on Facebook. I only got some questions back on Facebook but no support. Both thermostats run the actual firmware.

Should anyone reading this actually considering to buy these devices, be smart and let it.

I replaced the thermostats by EVE thermos. No issues at all....

• Like 1

This is also what I notice, that the valves do not close properly. You do a calibration and it works fine and then after a few days it again goes wrong.

As you see in the stats below: 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_12/image.png.c1e6e096628777f6371eb684870b1192.png" />

It looks like the anticipation is not working properly and heat is stilling coming in. 

Because I cannot believe the temp of the radiator is keeping its warmth for about 3 hours at water temp 50°C.

Also I want to see when the valve is open or closed... I even have the feeling it sometimes doesn't close completely.

And again it just continues to warm while the requested temp is lower.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• 5 weeks later...

And the story continues… what a rubbish it is. Now even when the temperature is high, it keeps it open.

so the yellow points it increases again while no heat is requested. 
I was in the room around 19u40 and I hear it closes.. after 10 mins it opens again .. why?????? So I manually changed it to 18C and it closes. Then I think after 15 mins it opens again.. no heat required. What the F…!

Calibration done a few times… will try to reset parameters to see what happens.

This behavior seems to be since to upgrade to 4.7. Fibaro says to send this one to them and get a new one… they expect me to do this during the coldest period of the year and to miss it at least for 2 weeks?

Have the same problem. Drives me nuts. I have completly new and clean install and it's still happening. On HC2 or HC3.

- Heat Request from the Heat Controller keeps hanging. 

- the temperature is not reflected by the heat controller

Com'on Fibaro!

Yesterday I did again a recalibration and network test. It communicates directly with the controller. Since then it started to work again until the first change at 8am this morning… then it kept it open and seems to be stalled as it didn’t react on my temp changes (peaks and drops you see in the target temp).

In the afternoon I charged it to 99% and did a mesh reconfiguration on this device via the control panel… And as you see the last change at 19u00 the temp is back ok.. hopefully it is now OK.  Otherwise it goes back to Fibaro as defective still covered by warranty.
I have another one which is functioning properly and keeps the temp always around the requested temperature. The only difference is the fact that this one is not controlled by a schedule (heating panel).

Edited by comfix