Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problem with the interaction of Heat Controller + Motion sensor

Hamburg2021

Question

Hello all

I am new to Fibaro - unfortunately I have not found anything in the forum on this topic.

Goal: In a room with two heaters to work together through a leading room thermostat.

But I have the feeling that even though the room controller for temperatur is set (in my case the motion sensor) the temperature is only used by the Heat Controller thermostat.

Have I set something incorrectly?

Components:

Home Center 3

2xHeat Controller

1x Motion Sensor

What I have done:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_12/image.png.6e3199fa2ed2f184e06e3d9093eaafc6.png" />

Defined a new room

image.png.dd867f842726088eb6214088089e9cc0.png

Set the motion sensor as the main temperature sensor for the room

image.png.92b61c03186a2a4553f3d153e9d485c7.png

the 3 devices are connected: 2xHeat Controller 1x Motion Sensor

image.png.f0025a48aab99b11fca9e74643b2f7b7.png

Created a new zone with a schedule

Problem:

The set temperature is NEVER reached at the motion sensor - even though it should be the leading sensor?!

What am I doing wrong

1 answer to this question

The zone schedule that you define in the Climate panel will be sent to all Heat Controllers that you assigned to that zone.

These Heat Controller(s) will then regulate the valve(s) in order to reach the set zone temperature of the schedule (or to the manual setting if you turn the knob by hand).

The Heat Controller will base its regulating actions on the temperature readings of the sensor inside the Heat Controller itself and - if installed - on the separate (optional) Bluetooth temperature sensor - the little white puck.

So the Heat Controller will NOT take into account the temperature reading of your motion sensor.

And note that a ZONE is not the same as a ROOM. A zone can be the combination of several rooms. If you define a single zone for the bathroom and the kitchen, the Heat Controllers in both rooms will receive the same heating schedule and regulate for the same temperature value.