Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Zigbee Christmas Gift

Semmosamo

Question

12 answers to this question

The Christmas presents that were promised in Fibaro's "game changer" already in 2019 are greatly delayed

and I do not think that Santa will come with 433 mHz, 838 mHz, ZigBee or Bluetooth this year (or other) either.

The question is whether it will be before HC3 end of life?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Semmosamo said:

Finaly Fibaro is going to give us Zigbee with the next update. ROFL.

Zigbee may not Matter anymore???

42 minutes ago, Tim__ said:

Zigbee may not Matter anymore???

there is no Matter, yet nor in next months, so for sure is ok to use it. When Matter become available for certification, Fibaro can leave zigbee and add Matter (WiFi/ext.), or implement Thread instead - the chip supports both. If i would be Fibaro, i would add Matter as soon is ready for certification, and leave zigbee till i replaced my homekit products with Thread versions, hoping that major player will replace in same time their zigbee with thread.

2 hours ago, RH_Dreambox said:

I do not think that Santa will come with 433 mHz, 838 mHz

Those ones are there. They just use it with Nice group protocols only (now NICE and Elero). I do not think, there will be universal RF for any other stuff. That would be nightmare to support.

17 minutes ago, tinman said:

replace in same time their zigbee with thread.

Honestly I would keep ZigBee there for older devices, just not add new device support. And I would go rather with Matter over IP gateway.

4 hours ago, RH_Dreambox said:

The question is whether it will be before HC3 end of life?

the best here!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:
4 hours ago, RH_Dreambox said:

I do not think that Santa will come with 433 mHz, 838 mHz

Those ones are there. They just use it with Nice group protocols only (now NICE and Elero). I do not think, there will be universal RF for any other stuff. That would be nightmare to support.

Why should Fibaro not be able to deliver a universal RF protocol? Domoticz, which is free, supports 118 different protocols and if you choose 433 mHz, there is support for 26 variants.
But perhaps it is below Fibaro's dignity to deal with what is not their own system?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

Why should Fibaro not be able to deliver a universal RF protocol?

As Fibaro is part Nice group they wanted RF for their own brands (NICE, Elero, Abode and others). That is what I gathered from Nice representative presentation on HC3 launch for distributors. They wanted one gateway for all their devices.

12 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

if you choose 433 mHz, there is support for 26 variants

Good for them. Because of subGHz band and

Please login or register to see this link.

, Fibaro had to mention 868 and 433 radios. There would be probably only Nice groups protocols mentioned if not for RED.

Both my HC2 and HC3 is advertised as christmas gifts so hope someone will purchase them...

Maybe Fibaro will be ready with Zigbee at the time "Matter" is released :-D Then they can start on HC4..

3 hours ago, RH_Dreambox said:

Domoticz, which is free, supports 118 different protocols 

but no zigbee, no native zigbee.

Plugins to 3rd part gateway does not matter, and if you count these protocols  connected via plugins, then sorry, HC3 does support zigbee since long time, e.g. 

or my QuickApp which connects (locally) to TUYA zigbee wifi gw, giving me support for lot of zigbee devices not supported even by zigbee-herdsman.

1 hour ago, Ekenswe said:

Fibaro 2 days left of this year coming zigbee or not 

you are too naive ;) 

• Like 1

Hello Tinman, 

I installed the Zigbee2MQTT QA...  but HOW do you connect a tuya hub to your QA ? the hub I have is a TYGWZ-01  info on

Please login or register to see this link.

Hurdle 1, this hub It does not need a user id or password...

Background Years ago I bought NICE controller for roller blinds, so I recently bought a YUBII (which is a HC3L + Nice 433Mhz). I'm using the Philps Hue QA on a Hue 2 hub, that works fine for lights and plugs, but not for zigbee dimmers and roller blind controllers. It would be good if I could get these on the YUBII to, directly or over Tuya.