Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[BUG] - The save button in the Variables Panel corrupts data

FamSetsaas

I've had some issues with my non-numeric variables suddenly having changed value to NaN, which has caused a whole lot of problems for me.

It looks like this is caused by the "SAVE" button in this panel.

It does not seem like this button has any other function, than corrupting the variables, or have I missed something?

Propose to disable/remove this button in the Variables Panel.

Hi @FamSetsaas ,

Just avoid using Save button in global variables panel. I have almost all my predefined variables contain data in tables to actually reduce number of needed global variables. Save button destroys this if used, so in all this years I never used Save button and never had problems with global variables.

LUA likes tables and can store anything in tables even functions (code). But Fibaro does not support that, probably due to some security reasons. HC3 is even worse, since it does not allow to store tables in predefined variables as HC2. Luckily HC3 does not need global variables that much as HC2 thanks to QA's.

5 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

HC3 is even worse, since it does not allow to store tables in predefined variables as HC2.

Maybe I don't understand you properly, but I have a complete home table stored in HC3 and also different table used in UHAS like Daypart, Symboltable, etc.

1 hour ago, Bodyart said:

Maybe I don't understand you properly, but I have a complete home table stored in HC3 and also different table used in UHAS like Daypart, Symboltable, etc.

@Bodyart ,

I have just checked on the last HC3 beta and I realize that Fibaro has changed the way how standard global variable is displayed on global variable panel and realized that VALUE field is not expanded anymore to show entire value. Actually now value field is scrolled when mouse pointer is hovering above this field. This makes panel much more clean when large tables are stored in this standard global variables. Thumbs up for Fibaro ?

• Like 1