Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

I would say: say bye

akatar

So, this is going to be my last post on this forum.
After years of trying to contribute/help other users it's time to move on.

Recent events made it clear for me that fibaro is not the path i want to follow

Only last month i threw away for 300 euro's (most of them new devices)
1 radiator valve (bricked after an update)
1 radiator valve (plastics broke)
2 wallplugs, no way to get a plug into this
i bought 3 new wallplugs, 1 of them goes on if you turn it on (posted this on a topic somewhere)
so can not sell that one, sold the other 2 new in box and the third one in the wastebin)

it's not only this but.....

I can tell a lot more but....... that would not be wise (for me)

I will have a look so once in a while, because it will take a while before both hc3's are gone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey @akatar, sorry to hear that you are moving on. You've contributed a lot on this forum and I respect your posts.

I can understand why you are frustrated. The Fibaro system and direction are far from perfect, but from my research 1 or 2 years ago, there was no obvious better alternative.  Have you selected a new path for your home automation? Will you be reusing your zwave devices with another hub?

• Like 2
  • Topic Author
  • @Tim__ Well, with last post, i mean i can not ignore the people in this thread

I have already 200-250 devices in homeseer, it's no problem to add the 80-90 devices that are running on both hc3's this moment.

All fibaro devices that are failing, i will buy aeotec modules for them.

Or i buy zigbee modules for them, i know hc3 runs zigbee (why only on the master hc3??) but it's running on homeseer for years.....

I see you are from australia, did you check the bond device? it's only for sale in usa and australie (i had to buy it from ebay usa..)

Edited by akatar

Hello @akatar ,

I'm sorry to read that you decided to leave Fibaro. Thank you for your valuable contributions here on forum and respect!

I wish you all the best in the future and success with your new choice of home automation!

Stop by sometimes to chat!

Best wishes!

• Like 1

good to hear, @akatar!

I am near :) and i could see a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel but....

I hope you still in our chat in disc.

• Like 1
  • Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, 10der said:

good to hear, @akatar!

I am near :) and i could see a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel but....

I hope you still in our chat in disc.

Ofcourse, there is so much knowledge overthere, wouldn't miss that for the world. 

And missing your kind words overthere? never!

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip on Bond. I will check them out. And I'll keep Homeseer in mind just in case.

Good luck on your journey!

On 1/2/2022 at 9:25 PM, Tim__ said:

Hey @akatar, sorry to hear that you are moving on. You've contributed a lot on this forum and I respect your posts.

I can understand why you are frustrated. The Fibaro system and direction are far from perfect, but from my research 1 or 2 years ago, there was no obvious better alternative.  Have you selected a new path for your home automation? Will you be reusing your zwave devices with another hub?

Hey there, 

I wonder on what basis you made you choice for Fibaro. 

There are in fact quite a few alternatives now that work well.

Some to look into :

- hubitat

- home assistant

- openhab

- homeseer (you can talk to @akatar on that one) 

The world has moved on, and continues to do so. 

@akatar speak to you on Discord!

Edited by alex88
  • Topic Author
  • 27 minutes ago, alex88 said:

The world has moved on, and continues to do so. 

@akatar speak to you on Discord!

absolutely!

On 1/2/2022 at 11:10 PM, akatar said:

So, this is going to be my last post on this forum.
    After years of trying to contribute/help other users it's time to move on.

Recent events made it clear for me that fibaro is not the path i want to follow

Only last month i threw away for 300 euro's (most of them new devices)
    1 radiator valve (bricked after an update)
    1 radiator valve (plastics broke)
    2 wallplugs, no way to get a plug into this
    i bought 3 new wallplugs, 1 of them goes on if you turn it on (posted this on a topic somewhere)
    so can not sell that one, sold the other 2 new in box and the third one in the wastebin)

it's not only this but.....

I can tell a lot more but....... that would not be wise (for me)

I will have a look so once in a while, because it will take a while before both hc3's are gone

Sorry to hear that you're leaving us... during last years you've been very helpful to solve some issues.

Hope you will see that struggling with Fibaro issues is a big "interesting" challenge and will stay with us? (on your spare time)

Edited by cag014
    • Like 1

@akatar Dude.... another one bites the dust :(  sad, very sad to see you go but i totally understand your reasons.  I wasted 5 hours only yesterday fixing about 15 devices that would not update mesh at all.  System is nowhere near "set it and forget it" stage nor i think it will ever be.  It requires constant fiddling and caring, like having a child, but i already have those ? And do not get me started on the App...

Keep in touch on the other side :) 

• Like 2
  • Topic Author
  • 5 hours ago, Momos said:

Keep in touch on the other side :) 

Ofcourse, I know exactly what you mean

@akatar We've had many interactions on this forums and you've always kept my attention. The fact that you own a competing product gave us "a view from the other side" - sometimes greener, sometimes, well, just really greener. This kept us ... let's say: vigilant. You have a truckload of experience. I am sure we'll all miss your conversations over here, but we'll surely meet again somewhere else! Stay healthy and have fun with Home Automation!

• Like 3
    14 hours ago, akatar said:

Ofcourse, I know exactly what you mean

We will see you out there. Keeps us sharp with sometimes a different view. That gives us a choice, a plan B. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy
    • Like 2
  • Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, petergebruers said:

@akatar We've had many interactions on this forums and you've always kept my attention. The fact that you own a competing product gave us "a view from the other side" - sometimes greener, sometimes, well, just really greener. This kept us ... let's say: vigilant. You have a truckload of experience. I am sure we'll all miss your conversations over here, but we'll surely meet again somewhere else! Stay healthy and have fun with Home Automation!

Peter, i always appreciated you reply's/answers on (my) questions on this board and elsewhere, i know it takes a lot of time and energy for you to do this.

Other products are not always better but it's the support that makes the difference, In fact also homeseer has it's flaws, fibaro calls them features, but they are honest about them and most of the time solved in no time.

And of course we will meet again, we already do.......

And as example, there is a plugin and i own something the plugin creater does not have, so hem used my data to add that device. Great service!

Please login or register to see this link.

and yes, that is (one of) my cat

Edited by akatar
    • Like 2

@akatar Thank you for being such a devoted contributor. All the above comments clearly show that not only your experience but also the very personality will be missed. I also appreciate all the honest thoughts and remarks that we were able to exchange. Wishing you all the best.

• Like 1
    39 minutes ago, akatar said:

and yes, that is (one of) my cat

hahaaaa, I love it. You home automated your cat ?? Your cat is official beta tester. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy
    • Like 1