Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Placing RS3 after Somfy wireless receiver

pandrade

Question

Hi,

I have a pergola which is operated through Somfy motors, and controlled with a remote (there is no wired switch). The wireless receiver is mounted within the pergola itself, and wired to the motor. I am interested in being able to control this motor through my home automation platform, and was thinking to place a RS3 between the wireless receiver and the motor. The wiring is something like the below. So I would connect the UP/DOWN wires from the receiver to the S1/S2 inputs, and connect the outputs from the RS3 to the motor, configuring as toggle switch (not momentary). This way I should (I assume) keep normal remote functionality, with the addition of being able to control through RS3 as well. Has anyone seen a similar case? Any reason why this wouldn't work?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_01/image.png.f18d5ec386adafa826bae3a4b0762309.png" />

3 answers to this question

I don't think that will work. You'll need either the somfy controller OR the RS device to control the motor. Unless there is another connection in the somfy controller for manual switches, which you could control them using a double switch device? 

Or, use somfys zwave converter, if it works on your model

Please login or register to see this link.

There are Motor Up and Motor Down terminals on that wireless receiver. If they are 230V, then you can connect Roller Shutter 3 between receiver and motor. However I would replace that receiver with just Roller Shutter 3 and use Walli Controller with associations and Fibaro keyfob (basic scenes) as a remote.