Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Yubii Home integrated with Google Home: NOT administrator user malfunction?

undertherain

Question

Hi everyone.
I wrote this message some time ago but no one replied to me (by now I understand that Yubii Home / Fibaro we use it in four cats or in any case those who do it may rely on an installer for which there is no info and a nice discussion group as to instead there is an example for Home Assistant & Co., okay).
I have a somewhat particular configuration ... after a thousand searches I was able to find a Yubii Home gateway which is basically a Fibaro Home Lite 3 plus the management of Nice radio devices at 433 and 868 MHz and I managed to " home automation "of my 11 shutters with which I have been opening and closing through 11 Nice TT2N control units for a few years using a Nice remote control.
Not wanting to throw away all the control units (and above all not finding ZigBee / Z-Wave / WiFi devices that are as tiny as my TT2Ns and therefore can fit in my crowded 503s ..), I folded for this gateway and ... it's bad.
The Yubii app for Android is decent, even a little more, but I have some doubts with using it via Google Home, and more precisely:

1) When I connect Fibaro accounts in Google Home, in my opinion, the pairing does not end "well" as it should, since not all the devices detected (the 11 shutters) are proposed, but simply returns to the account list of the various brands and it seems that Fibaro is not connected. But returning to the Google home ... home (;)), however, the rooms and the various shutters that I created from the Yubii Home interface are there and work both individually and per room, so it seems ok.
2) The 3 scenes I created that basically open all the shutters, close and stop them (I had to create them because, being 11 devices at 433 MHz, it was necessary to distance each shutter by 2 seconds, otherwise with interference there is it was always something that didn't work randomly, but that's okay, in 20 sec. they all start) they work if I'm the one to start them via Google assistant, but nothing to do if my her does it with her voice. I wonder ... his user from the Yubii Android app uses them quietly (the Widgets are comfortable I must say), so the grants are there, so why is he unable to use them from GH, perhaps because it was the admin who hooked them to the home? Either it's a bug, or you tell me if it just happens to me.
3) I did a test that left me perplexed: I tried to connect Fibaro account to GH with my hers user account ... error. Then from the web interface of the Yubii gateway I made her admin (Settings - Access - TRANSFER OF THE ADMINISTRATOR ROLE), always error. With my user (which I renamed to my liking) but which is the one that started admin from the beginning, the default one to be clear, everything ok. Well ...

In summary ... to work it works, only the user user cannot recall the scenes from GH, as if there was some grant problem, mah ...
Give me a tip, I'd like to understand if I'm the one who's wrong, but it seems to me simply a bug on the Fibaro server side (only they don't reply on their forum, really sucks).
Thank you all... ;)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet