Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Garden lights

U-B74

Question

Hi everyone,

I am sure this question has been answered in the past, however I can't seem to find a relevant topic. I am orientating to install the garden lights for my yard and I am wondering what system is the best to go with. My gardener suggests to go with in-lite, however I can't find any integration options with Fibaro. An alternative may be the hue system of Philips. But I am simply not sure. Can anyone give me some advice? It's quite important to me, since this is the basis of the system I will go with.

Thanks!

Edited by U-B74

10 answers to this question

Which gateway do you use? 

What do you want it to do, just turn on and off and give white light or do you want to make a laser show?

Hue from Philips works fine, simple plug and play, but a bit expensive. 

• Inquirer
  • Hi, mostly just lightspots outside, for the driveway, terrace and shed. 

Most of my house is controlled with HC3 in combination with the Fibaro dimmers, rollershutter, implants etc.  Preferably I would just use Fibaro switch, if that was for use outdoors. 

I use both. Existing wall buttons replaced with Fibaro switches and some extra lights, easy installed, with Philips Hue. 

Philips hub with IKEA bulbs is a cheaper solution.

You can also add a color bulb Hue to give some accent. ( I use both) 

Succes

//Sjakie

I also use all of the above: Dimmable LED's with a Fibaro dimmer, HUE lights and even switched lights, again with a Fibaro switch module. To control all of that, I use the Very Smart Lights VD, it can combine all sources.

A big plus for garden lightg with HUE or IKea is if I have to redo the electricity in the garden its much easier.

No seperate cables for light or wall plug!

//Sjakie

In my garden I have 30 Hue color lights (in one group) and it works without problems

...i am dreaming... yeah

Please login or register to see this link.

@10derYou beat me!!

I moved from HC2 (50 Zwave devices) to the newest and greates HC3 because its having Zigbee, up to you its a dream or nightmare?

So I didt bought any Zigbee device because I dont have a controller. I know Raspberry etc but I dont wanted to go that route!

Patience will be rewarded I hope!

Luckyly I sold my house and I need to wait till November to enter the new home.

If HC3 doesnt have Zigbee (shall we bet) I must reconcider my toughts and perhaps go an alternative route.

I ,like to extend lights in the new apartment with Zigbee $$$.

Should be a pitty because what I have running now, thansk to JGab, runs smoothly. If I dont update the fw.

//Sjakie

20 hours ago, Sjakie said:

@10derYou beat me!!

I moved from HC2 (50 Zwave devices) to the newest and greates HC3 because its having Zigbee, up to you its a dream or nightmare?

So I didt bought any Zigbee device because I dont have a controller. I know Raspberry etc but I dont wanted to go that route!

Patience will be rewarded I hope!

Luckyly I sold my house and I need to wait till November to enter the new home.

If HC3 doesnt have Zigbee (shall we bet) I must reconcider my toughts and perhaps go an alternative route.

I ,like to extend lights in the new apartment with Zigbee $$$.

Should be a pitty because what I have running now, thansk to JGab, runs smoothly. If I dont update the fw.

//Sjakie

hi @Sjakie long time no see ?

so, Hc3 still do not support HC3 but Fibaro palm us off with promises. 

one years ago i have started to moving all device in my house to ZigBee, and from 110 Zwave device now only

6 AEOT MS6 usb powered device

6 wife's loved NEO switches 

(also 3 "dummy" FIBARO Plugs - now just plugged but without idly)

so, i can't find replacements for this devices with ZigBee right now.

all devices now ZigBee controlled by

Please login or register to see this link.

on the old Intel NUC

Please login or register to see this attachment.

ahhh i am lie also  ZRC-90  (first love TBH)

Please login or register to see this spoiler.