Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Update 4.9 "second edition" - 2022.01.17

CovalR

It is January 17, 2021 - at 15:55 in HCL there is an information about the availability of a software update to version 4.9

Does it work this time?

Just a question...

Do you have this device included with security level S0 or S2?

On mine I have to remove it, add it back without security level and then upgrade the device, otherwise I got failed.

one device update failed but it still works properly on 4.7....but another attempts to update failed. First update attempt failed after 65%

What I found unaccettable is that I have to remove the security level to do the update... quite annoying...

anyway so far I update 5 devices... two left to do

Updated my 2 remaining valves from 4.7 to 4.9 without any issues. I already had 4 x FGT at v 4.9 and the battery levels on those seem to be very reasonable, so imho the "improved battery drain" mentioned in the release notes is a real thing. Though I must admit that the testing period is a bit too short to say that with 100% confidence.

• Like 1

16 godzin temu, Fyase napisał:

What I found unaccettable is that I have to remove the security level to do the update... quite annoying...

anyway so far I update 5 devices... two left to do

must reconfigure device to remove security?

Edited by fingusio

2 hours ago, fingusio said:

must reconfigure device to remove security?

Basically I did:

1. Remove the device from the HC3
  2. Add it back without security
  3. Upgraded
  4. Remove the device from the HC3
  5. Add it back with security

quite annoying by the way but it works

20 hours ago, MaciekJ said:

one device update failed but it still works properly on 4.7....but another attempts to update failed. First update attempt failed after 65%

Ok all valves updated. Two showed update failure but after charging to 100% update restarted and evrything is OK now

• 2 weeks later...

Much as the turn-off-security-to-update bit is frustrating...

How on earth does one turn off security to update?! (See image) - S0 is a default option, greyed out.

Best,

Dave.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Dave S

1 hour ago, Dave S said:

turn off security

actually it is currently not allowed to turn it off, z-wave certification thing .. but

1 hour ago, Dave S said:

Much as the turn-off-security-to-update bit is frustrating...

How on earth does one turn off security to update?! (See image) - S0 is a default option, greyed out.

Best,

Dave.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

... you might try to include it with S2 and when asked for DSK enter 00000, so it will get error and will retry (itself) to include with different security option, with some luck it will get included without security.

Edited by tinman

Thanks for that..

I always figured there was an element of 'luck' in firmware updates of anything ? but that was more around the update itself, rather than the inclusion!

Is this what others are doing?

Best,

Dave.

6 minutes ago, Dave S said:

Is this what others are doing?

you are on zw3 engine, which is beta, which will get soon the update functionality fixed (i thoguht it is already fixed in GA 100, haven't tried yet).

Others, who are on zw2 engine, can uncheck "security", which allows to include without encryption, so no issue with firmware updates.

Actually the zw3 enigne is better, and that firmware update part - when it works for Fibaro modules (again) will make upates possible wit S2 as well.

• Like 1