Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart implant with potentiometer

jakub.jezek

Question

Hello,

Have anyone used following use-case: Potentiometer connected to Smart implant, as analog sensor, controls via scene Dimmeable light.

Scene is fine and working, but what we observe is 30 seconds delay from 2nd command when using the potentiometer to send analog value to HC3. And when we leave potentiometer as it is for a few minutes, then 1st command comes without delay and 2nd and so on with 30 seconds delay.

I know there are devices like

Please login or register to see this link.

, but there was need to use different button and switch design.

9 answers to this question

This delay is related to Z-Wave requirements (now ones during certification of Smart Implant) related to network load which can be generated with one device with specific command classes.
Sensors values won't be send more often than with 30s delay.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

But I wonder if there is any delay (created in the background) regarding sensors.

Z-Uno Parameter 11

Minimal time (in seconds) between Sensor Multilevel reports. See zunoSendReport(). 
Values less than 30 should not be used to conform to Z-Wave Plus, use them for debug only!

AFAIK the rule only apples to SENSOR reports. So... Configuring your ZUNO as a Dimmer and reporting your potentiometer analog value as a dimming value would be fine, ..., but limited to values 0..99

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @m.roszak,

I did not know that. Do you know about other solution, that could use potentiometer for control other devices? What about RGBW 2 modul, to copy its output and control it via potentiometer?

This should work, states may be reported with small delay but control should work instantly. 

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 4 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

This should work, states may be reported with small delay but control should work instantly. 

Thanks. I'll get into testing it, when we explain with our salesguy situation to installer and customer.

2 hours ago, jakub.jezek said:

Thanks. I'll get into testing it, when we explain with our salesguy situation to installer and customer.

did that already, is ok, but as @m.roszak said with really small delay

• Like 2

@jakub.jezek 

Here is some information.

The Petergebruers post gives an interesting tip on the device that can help:

eM.

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @tinman and @Martin_N.

13 hours ago, Martin_N said:

The Petergebruers post gives an interesting tip on the device that can help:

I wanted to use this :D But I wonder if there is any delay (created in the background) regarding sensors.

Also Installers would tell me they do not want to use it as it is more DIY HW and we would add programmers money to the cost :D 

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

So... Configuring your ZUNO as a Dimmer and reporting your potentiometer analog value as a dimming value would be fine, ..., but limited to values 0..99

Yes, output status is not limited or at least not that much by Z-Wave standard.