Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Vision security shock sensor ZS5101 EU-5 not working on HC3

123felician

Question

Hello to all.

I have several Vision security shock sensor ZS5101 EU5 . I recentely changed from HC2 to HC3. The sensors worked flawless on HC2, unfortunately not anymore on HC3. I am able to include /exclude them, but no information on vibrations are uploaded to HC3 ( the moving man as icon do not show up, only the static man is present). I asked Fibaro team for help: they proposed to reset to factory parameters, than to exclude the sensors and than to include them. It do not works.

Can you help me please?

Thank you. 

11 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hello and thank you.

The Z-wave (of the HC3) is 4.33 and the software (of the HC3) is 5.090.17.

The Vision security sensors are in 4.24 Z-wave . They are declared like mouvement sensors in security section.

Thanks you for helping me.

Regards.

Edited by 123felician

• Inquirer
  • Hello again, btw, the shock sensors ( I have 8), are ALL" configurated" , but NONE transmit the changes to HC3: the small humanoid do not move when the shock happens, and no activity is registered into the History of the events. The sensors were integrated with NWI (network wide inclusion), tests were done WITHOUT NWI inclusion, but no improvement. I also have a Vision Security for garage door ZG8101, it was included and work flawless with the HC3...

Please help.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Which Z-Wave engine 2.0 or Z-Wave engine 3.0 (beta version) do you run on your HC3?

To verify your Z-wave engine  version, check your HC3 settings

http://<HC3-IP>/api/settings/info

{"serialNumber":"HC3-123456789",

"platform":"HC3",

"zwaveEngineVersion":"3.0",

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Hello and many thanks to both of you. The Z wave motor is 2.0, the Z-wave is 4.33 version. Hope this can help you to find a solution.

Have a nice day.

5 hours ago, 123felician said:

Hello and many thanks to both of you. The Z wave motor is 2.0, the Z-wave is 4.33 version. Hope this can help you to find a solution.

Have a nice day.

Since I believe you're using latest firmware on HC3, but using old Zwave engine causes some unexpected behavior. (In my case motion sensors didn't have motion icons and no reaction).

I suggest to move to Zwave engine 3.0 and to reinclude all devices.

• Inquirer
  • Hello and thank you both for the answers. Upgrading to zwave motor 3.0 is no solution for me, it's unstable at least...

Hallo All, Let me connect to this topic. 

I just replaced my old HC2 to HC3 by removing all devices from HC2 and factory reset and add them all to HC3 with Z-WAVE 3.0.

I have a problem with garage gate sensor Vision zg8101. HC3 recoginze it but doesn't report any changes of the sensor.

I have anotother HC3L with Z-WAVE 2.0 and added here, works perfeclty fine.

So looks like Z-WAVE 3.0 doesn't support Vision zg8101... 

Any plans to add support to this device in Z-WAVE 3.0?

I have exactly the same problem with Fakro AMZ Solar roller shutter. Works fine on HC3L with Z-WAVE 2.0. Doesn't work on HC3 with Z-WAVE 3.0.

Both controllers (HC3 and HC3L) on the newest firmware = 5.120.10.

Hello

the story is over 1 Year ago...i tried to implement ZS5101 Shock sensor in 2024. It Appears as an Motion Sensor.

But Nothings happens. No Shock no Tamper

regards

Chris

Edited by Christoph60