Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 Scheduling for lights and switches

Phil coyle

Question

Hi All,

I've set up my heating system, which seems to be running very well indeed.

I need to turn my attention now to scheduling of lighting and switches.

I'm experimenting with basic Lua code now to set a schedule, I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

What I would really like to have is a scheduling system, similar to the HC3 Climate scheduling system, to use for lighting and switches, this would allow others to set their own schedules without having to understand Lua.

Is such a thing available anywhere?

Phil

6 answers to this question

Guest kallecux

Good morning,

you will have to ask this question to fibaro.

I unfortunately none.

But check out jgab's ER4, it's really a fantastic tool for controlling lights and many other things!

Greetings 

Karl Heinz 

• Inquirer
  • Hi Karl,

Thanks for that.

I've had a look at, with my limited knowledge it looks like a great setup, unfortunately at the moment, I think it's probably above my pay grade.

I'll persevere with it until I understand it and can use it, but I'll keep looking for a simpler system I can use.

Phil

16 hours ago, Phil coyle said:

this would allow others to set their own schedules without having to understand Lua.

Just curious, why would you want to have “others” having to set their lighting schedules? When you have motion, lux, presence, etc and the Homecenter to handle that for lighting? 

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi Karl,

Thanks again, I've downloaded it and had a go, its very good, and I'll continue to mess with it.

But I also need to find a more "User friendly way" for my tenants to be able to set their own schedule for the smart things in their apartments.

Phil

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Just curious, why would you want to have “others” having to set their lighting schedules? When you have motion, lux, presence, etc and the Homecenter to handle that for lighting? 

Thanks Eddie,

I have a number of tenants in a block of twenty apartments.

I'm slowly adding the smarts to them, but to be fair to the tenants, I need to find a way of allowing them some input to their schedules, holidays, change of working hours, outside influences etc. without them messing to much with the system.

I really don't want loads of calls asking me to make minor changes every time they have a change of circumstance.

At the moment they can make changes to heating without upsetting the climate schedule using their smart phones, I was hoping to give them a similar system to override lighting and switches etc.

Phil