Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Not sure if this is the right place to discuss but I can only use remote login to HC3

Anth

Question

Hi,

I have tried the HC3-<serial number>.local address to login to my HC3 but it doesn't work. At the moment I can only connect to my HC3 via the remote access login from FibaroID. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to connect to my HC3? (I have also tried the IP address on its own)

Thanks,

Anth

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Anth said:

Hi,

I have tried the HC3-<serial number>.local address to login to my HC3 but it doesn't work. At the moment I can only connect to my HC3 via the remote access login from FibaroID. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to connect to my HC3? (I have also tried the IP address on its own)

Thanks,

Anth

Just use your local address

http://<HC3-IP>

for example

http://192.168.1.10

That's all - after that you should see the login screen

• Inquirer
  • 21 hours ago, cag014 said:

Just use your local address

http://<HC3-IP>

for example

http://192.168.1.10

That's all - after that you should see the login screen

That's what I thought but doesn't work for me. May have an issue with the laptop I am using. May have a security issue accessing devices on my network. I'll use another computer and try again!

Thanks for the reply.

What an error that you receive?

It's a long shot, but please clear your cache in the browser... in some cases it helps (especially after SW update)

Edited by cag014

• Inquirer
  • 8 minutes ago, cag014 said:

What an error that you receive?

It's a long shot, but please clear your cache in the browser... in some cases it helps (especially after SW update)

Hi Cag014,

I tried as you suggested. Still no joy.

The error that comes up is:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thanks,

Anth

Have never saw this screen and I do use Logitech Harmony hub and remote.

Are you sure you are using correct IP for HC3? Your router probably rebooted and HC3 has a different IP. Go to you router and to find if the IP is correct and I suggest to bind HC3 IP in your router to constant IP....

From other hand, did you try to configure Harmony via remote access? If so try to login remotely and remove Harmony plugin or reboot HC3 and try local IP again

Edited by cag014

• Inquirer
  • 5 hours ago, cag014 said:

Have never saw this screen and I do use Logitech Harmony hub and remote.

Are you sure you are using correct IP for HC3? Your router probably rebooted and HC3 has a different IP. Go to you router and to find if the IP is correct and I suggest to bind HC3 IP in your router to constant IP....

From other hand, did you try to configure Harmony via remote access? If so try to login remotely and remove Harmony plugin or reboot HC3 and try local IP again

I think it may be the other way - I've been trying to get the pin code via remote access. May need to use the local IP.

Also may need the harmony hub to be plugged into the same computer - I'll try that also!

• Inquirer
  • All good - turns out the laptop I was using had some security settings that prevented me from accessing my network directly.

Used another PC with the IP address - worked OK.

Also got the Harmony hub working. Turns out I needed the hub connected to the PC while I was generating the pincode. Now all good.

Thanks for everyone's advice!