Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Unclear and chaotic forum

Twan

I just want to state that the the architecture of this forum is a huge miss. 
It woud be so more convenient if the number of subforums was reduced with 90%.
In that way it is much more comfortable to read through the forum and possibly bump into things that are interesting for you, or you want to share with other. 

Forum were build like this 15 years ago, now there are new approaches imho

Thank you

Welcome to the forum Twan. Give it some time and find your way through the forum. Yes, there is a lot of info. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

Hi Twan,
So, I guess when you were here 4 years ago, not much has changed ... on the contrary. The forum swelled about new products, changed the way of logging into the forum.
For me, the forum is quite clear with regard to the division of different sections. What makes her confusing is when people write specific posts in the wrong sections.
Typically the "say hello" section .. Hi..I'm new here and my controller isn't working.

What? .. and what controller do you have? Where are you from? what's wrong with it?

Sure, some sections could be clearer, but as I say, users do it themselves with their indiscipline.

I wish you a nice spring :)

I think this forum is nicely organized. What makes it chaotic is lazy users that make posts without even trying first to think and look where their post really belongs. There could be language barrier, not all users use English, but that can't be used as excuse. Just requires some more effort which most of us are not willing to do ;-)

I see another problem here: admins and moderators are not doing their job of cleaning and moving such post where they really belong. But on the other hand this is not an easy task and do require time to go through all posts and read them which is a real full time job for volunteers since no company will pay for such job.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

You mentioned some useful remarks. Can I ask what you think about the layout itself? Any thoughts on that specific topic?

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 12:25 AM, K.Drozynski said:

Can I ask what you think about the layout itself? Any thoughts on that specific topic?

Would be good if posters were automatically subscribed to the topic. They could push un-follow if they don't want to follow. I think some new posters miss out on replies because of this.

• Thanks 1