Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Qubino Flush Dimmer 0-10v with HVGC series mean well

xristos

Question

Hello everyone !

I have a Problem ! I am trying to Dim my HVGC-480-L-AB mean well Led drive where support 3 dimming ways :

※3 in 1 dimming function (for B/AB-Type)

 Output constant current level can be adjusted by applying one of the three methodologies between DIM+ and DIM-:

0 ~ 10VDC, or 10V PWM signal or resistance.

 Direct connecting to LEDs is suggested. It is not suitable to be used with additional drivers.

 Dimming source current from power supply: 100μA (typ.)

So when I plug everything is working fine in the first place but my problem starts when I try to dim until off or when I push the off button from the home center interface or from the push button directly connected on the flush dimmer 0-10v its starting to flashing the led strip and it dosn't stop !

In the video you can see what is happening after the off button.

Plz any help I would be grateful !!!

6 answers to this question

Can you post a circuit diagram of your setup? That might help someone here to visualise the issue.

• Inquirer
  • 14 hours ago, Tim__ said:

Can you post a circuit diagram of your setup? That might help someone here to visualise the issue.

Yes of course ! I will prepare one and post it !

• Inquirer
  • First of all I as a power supply I use is Mean Well  HVGC-L-AB 480w that's support 3 way dimming and has two extra cables for dimming. In my case I use one Color led strip not rgb so I have only 24v and grnd. All of my led strips are 24v.

Sorry for the “diagram” but I don’t know other way to make it !

When i set dimming to what ever like 20% or 50% or 60% everything works fine, but when i press the off button from the switch or from the fibaro home center page on my computer the led strip starts to dimm down as it goes to off and then when it reach the 0 point it starts to flush like the video i posted in top of this thread !

Hope this is more helpful for everybody understands my situation and eventually find the solution !

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thanks this helps.  You've got a constant current power supply, that is then connected to the Qubino.  I'm no expert on Qubino devices, but I can say that the power supply has a note "Direct connecting to LEDs is suggested. It is not suitable to be used with additional drivers." The Qubino is a LED driver.  So, you'll need to replace the power supply with a standard 24V type.

• Inquirer
  • At the official manual of qubino it shows that you can dim the power supply if there is an option with the extra cable as hvgc meanwell

I use and with the same power supply to power the led strip.

I want to be able to dim 25meter led strip that is divided in 3 piece of 5m and one 10m.

I don’t mind if it is qubino or fibaro rgbw. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I'm thinking that you need to look at the way you have wired up the power to the Qubino.  Instead of a constant voltage, you are supplying it with the PWM power output from the power supply.  (The Qubino manual shows an extra red wire coming from the power supply).  You might be able use a small standard 24V power supply for the Qubino power, and keep the existing power supply for the strips, if you connect their grounds together.

Let us know if you get it working!