Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Implant pigtail female connector specification

BillH

Question

Howdy,

I am trying to source a replacement pigtail wire connector for a Fibaro implant. I can't find a direct replacement and am willing to make my own.

Can anyone supply the specification for the female connector so I can source and crimp / solder myself?

Even a blue print with the specs will suffice.

I am aware that one wire is the antenna and length is critical, I am familiar with antennas, electronics etc. so no worries there please.

Thank you in advance for any input,

-bh

3 answers to this question

IIRC it is the same connector as used on the Fibaro Universal Binary sensor.

Is the pin pitch 1.25 mm? In that case, have a look here:

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • On 2/19/2022 at 1:06 PM, petergebruers said:

IIRC it is the same connector as used on the Fibaro Universal Binary sensor.

Is the pin pitch 1.25 mm? In that case, have a look here:

Thank you, yes they do appear to be 1.25mm. I have what I believe to be a 1.25 JST connector kit with an 8 pin female but it doesn't fit. I will try link you sent but they are 30+ days out on delivery so my response will need to wait :) Thanks again for your response. It's troubling that you can buy a $40US sensor and if you damage the wire there is no replacement option from the manufacturer, or at least some guidance of connector type.

• Inquirer
  • So after some more digging here are the specs for the connector, I ordered them off of eBay and have verified that they work.

You MUST cut the antenna wire to the correct length so it is resonant on the correct frequency. I used the old connector's black antenna wire as the template.

For the Fibaro implant FGBS-222, the pigtail is an 8 pin JST connector with 1 mm pitch (not 1.25).

Here is where I purchased them. They take awhile to get to the US, but worth the wait.

Please login or register to see this link.

Hope this helps someone.

-bh

• Thanks 1