Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

input notification not working?

bzhou

Question

I've just installed an implant and hooked up a reed switch to IN1 (between yellow wire and blue wire). I've set the param 20 to 0 (IN1 to NC Alarm mode). However, regardless of the state of the reed switch, I'm not receiving any notifcation updates. Reinterviewing always shows a value of 0.

One thing I have noticed is that the voltage values are always reporting around 20V regardless of the reed switch position - should I expect these to go to 0V when the switch is closed? (I'm assuming while the IN1 reed switch is open, I should see some voltage, but if reed switch is closed, it should report 0V?)

If so, does this suggest there is an open circuit somewhere through the reed switch?

One other obversation is that setting param 20 to 1 (IN1 to NO Alarm mode) does not change the status of the notification - it still shows as 0 / safe. This is rather unexpected - I'd assume that switching between NC and NO should give me opposite states?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by bzhou

3 answers to this question

Hola, activa estas dos opciones para que las salidas y las entradas funcionen de manera independiente.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks. I've already set the protection modes to 2 for both in/outs.

I wonder if anyone else has this working in NC/NO mode what the observed voltages on the multilevel sensors are and if they differ depending on the state of the input?

• Inquirer
  • ok got a multimeter a tested it - turns out there was an open circuit so reed switch wasn't doing anything.

Also observed that the fibaro doesn't seem to publish notifications for IN1/IN2 until the corresponding IN has seen both open and closed states. I guess if it's only ever seen an open state, it assumes there is nothing connected. Even just touching IN1 to GROUND made it start publishing notifications. Similarly for IN2 (in fact, before i did this on IN2, the implant wasn't even reporting any command classes, groups etc on endpoint 2 (which is the endpoint associated with NC/NO on IN2).

Finally, in case this helps anyone else, even in NC/NO modes, it is expected to see a voltage of 0 when IN1/IN2 is tied to GROUND and a high voltage (approx 80% of your input voltage it seems) otherwise.