Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Double click on Dimmer FGD212 to power on a LED Bulb 6 Multi-Color (Zwave), but without powering on the Dimmer itself

Davs

Question

Hi, how could I power on a Zwave Bulb with a double clic on FGD212, without powering on the dimmer itself?

i've created an scene, to power on the bulb and then power off the dimmer, but i'd like to know if we can use the double click with  no action on the dimmer itself.

thanks for your help. Regards. David

5 answers to this question

@Davs, If you set it that Dimmer is controlled by S1 input only, then I would connect a switch to S2 to create a scene/association for the bulb.

• Inquirer
  • thanks for your answer. 

No way to connect a switch to S2 (or too hard to install the wires and change the current switch to a double switch), that's why I'm trying to use S1 to power on/off the zwave bulb with a double clic..

Maybe it's imposible to enable double switch on S1 without power on the light on S1??

Hi David, I do similar to this on my HC2.

Set parameter 23 to 0, this turns off double click makes full brightness.

Set parameter 28 to 1, to allow scene activation.

Then you need two LUA scenes.  The first is activated on single click, and makes your first light turn on. The second is activated on double click, and makes your second light turn on.

Here is my first scene, to get you started.  The second scene is very similar.

Please login or register to see this code.

Hi, 

I have the same issue. 

I made an assumption that setting Parameter 28 to 1 would then cease all normal controls of the connected load and proceeded to hard wire my house not aware of this. 

I have also set Paramter 23 to 0, disabling double click.

My problem is that i am using S1 for a scene trigger for the family room, but S1 is also causing the connected load in the dining room to change state under its normal S1 single click & double click functions. 

I thought once Parameter 28 was set to 1, then it becomes a scene controller only.

I connected 4 Roller shutters using an S1, S2, and an S1 to open, close and stop the four blinds, and did not see any issues using S1 or S2 for blind scenes. 

Can anyone please confirm if I can totally disable the S1 functions for the connected load, and use this S1 as scene control for another room's lights only.

Thank You

Hi All, 

I have included a sketch of my manual scene trigger switch plate.

I am getting inadvertant switching of the connected load in the dining room, wheras I would like only the Family room lights contained in a scene to trigger. 

I was of the belief that once paramter 28 is set to 1, then the S1 would stop controlling the connected load in its usual manner. 

Is there a way to stop S1 controlling the conncted load, and only use S1 as a scene trigger?

Thank You 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.