Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

IN1 / IN2 sometimes lose signal edge

Fyase

Question

Hi,

I'm using a fibaro smart implant ( FW 5.2 )  to control my garage door. IN1 is used on a push button ( momentary button ) for opening / close the door and IN2 is used with a reed sensor to check the the door status

The main issue i'm experiencing is that sometimes, especially the IN1, remain breached nevertheless the real status of the input.

Now the status of the IN1 is breached but in reality is not. Already checked with a multimeter. Seems that sometimes ( 1 over 15 times ) the fibaro do not see the signal transition and it remain in a wrong status.

The button "Scena Ingresso Garage" was released quicky but the system believe is still engaged. Input sensitivity has been set to 10 ms but I even tryed different settings with same results.

Any advice?

Thanks

Raffaele

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Last months it worked 8 over 10 fine so not perfect ma reasonably good, today I was at home and I spent all day on this issue.

First of all I done a range test and as expected the smart implant do not reach the HC3 directly but over routing. Quite reasonable since the flat is around 140 m2 and the garage is on the opposite side of the HC3.

As soon as I check, without scene intervenction, the two inputs ( Scena Ingresso Garage and Stato Porta Garage  ) works flawless on tens of test. As soon as I do in conjunction with the scene the switch "Scena Ingresso Garage" or the gate reed "Stato Porta Garage" starts to behave erratically. It seem in cojunction with "heavy" zwave traffic some message between sensors and HC3 are lost and once lost are not retrasmitted and the status remain inconsistent.

Is it possible? In a modern network I would say no but it seems happen on Zwave network. A Zwave range extender could fix this issue?

Thanks

Raffaele

Edited by Fyase