Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]FIBARO developers - Danalock confirmed Fibaro issues !!!!

Neo Andersson

Question

Hello guys

We recieved an e-mail from Danalock, that after their internal testing they realized, that Fibaro is not updating the lock statuses.

This is right now our biggest concern.

We are infront of 4 insalltions. In all of them Danalocks are asked.

We are completely out of ideas, because there is no alternative zwave LOCK.

I am asking again Fibaro delevopers. 

Can we await a hotfix for this, or should we cancel our orders? 

This is the danaloc support mail

An update on the Fibaro issue(s):

We have made internal testing with Danalock V3 and Fibaro HC3.

Following were confirmed: 

- Lock cannot be added in Secure mode (S2).
- Basic parameter: Status is not updated. When you press unlock/lock status will not update. UNLESS you press the button twice.

We have reported our findings to Fibaro and are awaiting their response. 
Pls let us know if you get further feedback from them.

Best regards

Maria Suusgaard
Danalock support

We are using Dalock in our showroom/training center and we use Z-Wave 2 engine as there is no migration path for Z-Wave 2 to Z-Wave 3, yet. If added via secured inclusion then it works, even with feedback.

Also, If I were you I would send mail to Fibaro support or distributor in your country to get you in touch with FIbaro support team.

• Inquirer
  • I did it. Problems started to emerge when we installed the second lock into system. With only 1 Danalock in the system, it used to work.

I got i suggestion, to try and lock the locks from LUA with some delay. That we actually did before, and it helped a bit, but not solved the situation.

I have no direct solution from support. We use 4.33 zwave.

This is a big trouble for us..

Edited by Neo Andersson

Do you use app to pair Danalock? When we installed devices into our showroom, I found out, that if it is paired via Danalock app then there is a problem.

Since then every Danalock I paired was paired physically on the device and BLE turned off. And I think we have some installation where there is multiple Danalocks.

• Inquirer
  • Yes, we tried to use the APP to pair, then tried to pair with HC3 directly. No change. The only thing we didn't try is, to turn BLE off when we are pairing.

Dekuji za pomoc Jakub

7 minutes ago, Neo Andersson said:

The only thing we didn't try is, to turn BLE off when we are pairing

I think that would be it.

Guest Benrive

Hello,

I have 2 Danalock.  indeed the states are not updated.  The solution I have is the following.  I use a global variable for each of them.  lockststus = 0 open and 1 closed.  As it can be manipulated to open manually have several conditions to force close and have the state in my variable. I using a door sensor and a motion sensor: Door closed and no movement for 2 minutes send unsecure and variable lockststus =1, If the opening is through code lockststus = 0. If it is manual, when detecting door close> 2 minutes and no movement for 2 minutes, it forced to close again and lockststus= 1, so I get to have the variable always updated.

I have the parameters from 1 to 6 entered manually since there is no template.  All disabled except parameter 3 block to block.

At the moment I am not having many problems.  But since they say that it is supported by Fibaro give a solution

Edited by Benrive

• Inquirer
  • Benrive..Thanks for suggestion, but this is a workaound for ourselves, who are managing our homes by ourselves. This is not suitable for a customer..But thanks anyway..

Guest Benrive
    1 hour ago, Neo Andersson said:

Benrive..Thanks for suggestion, but this is a workaound for ourselves, who are managing our homes by ourselves. This is not suitable for a customer..But thanks anyway..

Of course not, it would not give you the security you need and offer a guarantee.  Let's see if they give us a real solution

of course you can add it in secure S2 mode, when you on zwave engine 3

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_03/image.png.597e670f693c93a3be3b4c7e7973762f.png" />

i do have only one Danalock btw.

• Inquirer
  • If we add it in non security mode, than it should work. I think. But it doesnt. I am always having some notification about PIN sync. I dont know, if this is some indication of something..

We are out of ideas..

I am not even sure, which engine is running on my system. It shows 4.3.3..

Please login or register to see this attachment.

34 minutes ago, Neo Andersson said:

If we add it in non security mode

Door lock? The Z-Wave spec forbids inclusion of locks in non-secure mode. It shouldn't work, or the device should be non-functional after inclusion, that is by design. The spec allows other types of devices to be either secure or non-secure. After the design of S0 devices, IIRC, there was some confusion about that, and bugs. IMHO S2 spec leaves no room for interpretation.

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • Check the picture please. I think this device was added in non secure mode. Isnt the S0 indicate that?

7 minutes ago, Neo Andersson said:

I think this device was added in non secure mode. Isnt the S0 indicate that?

• yes, the "padlock icon" (on the device, in your browser) means either S0 or S2.
    • yes, the door lock might include without security, but the spec says then the lock must be non-functional. If it were to respond to non-secure commands I could go to your door and use my Z-Wave stick to open your door.
    Edited by petergebruers

It is not non-secure, its security S0 - as Peter wrote.

As for pins - danalock does not support setting pincodes using Z-Wave, what version of device is it?

I have 2 Danalock V3 on my desk and both works correctly with Z-Wave 2.0 and Z-Wave 3.0 (beta). 

And another thing, Danalock did not contact us in any way or I am not aware of that - I will try to find out.

One more thing, there is one bug in Danalock itself and inclusion in Security S0 - but the issue there is a bit different, in large networks device does not perform security bootstrapping (procedure times out on device side during neighbors update procedure if it takes more than 10-15 seconds which is normal if there is a lot of devices in network, issue gets worse when those are not in direct range of the lock) and it is just non-operable. This cannot be in any way worked around.

• Inquirer
  • Dear Peter, if I understoot it correclty..

1. Danalock can not be inculded to Fibaro in Security mode, when HC3 is running on Zwave 2  engine right?

2. If we include it in non security mode, than it won't function properly right?

3. So the only solution is, to change to Zwave 3, and then add it to the system ?

4. How to upgrade to engine 3 ?

5. Where is the indication of my Zwave engine? The only info i have found is that I am running 4.33 zwave. Is that engine 3 ?

Thanks a lot

I will answer quckly...

1. Security S0 and S2 are both secure inclusions, Zwave 2 uses only S0. Device can be included properly (if it is not a large network, mentioned one post up).
    2. It won't, it will include but just won't work as Z-Wave specs mandates.
    3. No, it should work on both engines (without mentioned issue above)
    4. Now it is not possible, you can choose the engine after factory reset of the Home Center - migration is not available yet.
    5. It is pretty easy to check in API but also in webUI - just go to settings -> zwave, if there is "Smart Start" tab there then it is ZW3.0.

• Inquirer
  • 4 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

It is not non-secure, its security S0 - as Peter wrote.

As for pins - danalock does not support setting pincodes using Z-Wave, what version of device is it?

I have 2 Danalock V3 on my desk and both works correctly with Z-Wave 2.0 and Z-Wave 3.0 (beta). 

And another thing, Danalock did not contact us in any way or I am not aware of that - I will try to find out.

One more thing, there is one bug in Danalock itself and inclusion in Security S0 - but the issue there is a bit different, in large networks device does not perform security bootstrapping (procedure times out on device side during neighbors update procedure if it takes more than 10-15 seconds which is normal if there is a lot of devices in network, issue gets worse when those are not in direct range of the lock) and it is just non-operable. This cannot be in any way worked around.

Dear mr Roszak.

I need to find out, how can we install 2 Danalocks for our customer on Friday. So far we coulnt get any direct solution from anybody. I think i have sent to Fibaro, to Danalock, to local distributor many many mails, but all the answer were different.

1 .Firstly, Fibaro suggested to not LOCK both devices at hte same time, but with some delay.

2. Danalock told us, it is Fibaro, that is not capable of acceptnig device in security mode (i think they talked about S2), and Danalock states are not reflected

3. Here I got suggestions from some other very kind persons..like switch off BLE when adding the device, or do not add the device through Danalock APP, but do it through normal way in HC3

None of them work.

1 .We cant inckude device in security mode. Device remains unconfigured when we do this. Ple check the picture

2. If we not select Security mode when including, then the device doesnt work. I dont know if it is because of S0 mode inclusion, or there is some other reason..but it doesnt work. States are not reported back to Fibaro.

3. If the problem is, that we runinng engine 2, how to upgrade to 3? Is it stable ? Can we install to my customer?

We are really in toruble,as I can't even cancel the project.

Thanks

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_03/danalock.png.1be55c64a9b989d00c9bce411e095216.png" />

If you can't include it in S0 then problably it is related to the issue described by me above (not on Fibaro's side). 
    It won't work without security as Z-Wave do not allow that.

As for 3rd question, partially answered above - as for being "stable", it is still a beta version and we are constantly working on it.
    We already have some customers using it and there are no major issues reported.

The issue with S0 inclusion won't affect S2 as security bootstrapping is done there in a very different way.

Please also share the exact model of the lock, as I mentioned above Danalock V3 (the supported one) does not give the possibility to set pins using Z-Wave so there should not be an option to synchronize them or anything like that.
    I am pretty sure that Danalock mentions S2 Security just to ignore the issue with S0 ;) It is politics. 

Have you checked the TCP/IP solution as an alternative to Danalock? Try searching for Tedee - its pretty good device, a lot better than any Z-Wave lock on the market.

I agree with what @m.roszaksays but I'd like to make a suggestion I haven't seen yet.

Bring the HC closer to the lock then include it in S0 secure mode. Most people will tell you to include the lock close to the controller so you may assume 'move the lock to the HC'. But that can introduce issues with routing. So instead, move the HC, leave the lock in its final position.

I am no expert on door locks, I do know it helps with other devices.

BTW definitely do not use "engine 3" for production. IMHO the parts that work,, do work well, but not everything is ready. And there is no easy switch...

Edited by petergebruers
    • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

If you can't include it in S0 then problably it is related to the issue described by me above (not on Fibaro's side). 
    It won't work without security as Z-Wave do not allow that.

As for 3rd question, partially answered above - as for being "stable", it is still a beta version and we are constantly working on it.
    We already have some customers using it and there are no major issues reported.

The issue with S0 inclusion won't affect S2 as security bootstrapping is done there in a very different way.

Please also share the exact model of the lock, as I mentioned above Danalock V3 (the supported one) does not give the possibility to set pins using Z-Wave so there should not be an option to synchronize them or anything like that.
    I am pretty sure that Danalock mentions S2 Security just to ignore the issue with S0 ;) It is politics. 

Have you checked the TCP/IP solution as an alternative to Danalock? Try searching for Tedee - its pretty good device, a lot better than any Z-Wave lock on the market.

Sorry for asking twice, but some answers were posted while I was writing the next post..

Danalock FW is the latest. We checked it. Other info is on attached pics. I have sent all these infos to Fibaro quite a time ago. Also to Danalock.

TCP/IP is not an option. Customer ordered a Smart automated solution, that's why he asked us. He wants some scenes, actions running in connection with Danalock. 

We have tried so far 4 different Danalocks. All of them behave the same way.

The pins, that you see on picture in earlier post, are no relevant for us. We dont need them. I hav just showed it, 'cause there is also mentioned some isee with connection.

Ehhh... so it looks now, that we offered something again, that we can't really do with Fibaro..at least it seems. 

The problem is, i dont really know, what will I tell to customer on Friday..

Never mind..big thank for your time..