Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How can I add the custom controls that appear on templates

carlosdr02

Question

There is supposed to be only three types of controls: buttons, sliders and labels, but if I create a Quick App with a template (thermostat auto for instance), I has other controls, like combo boxes.

How can I add those custom controls or create them myself. And why can I not delete the controls of the templates, I mean, if I use a template, I can only delete the controls that I add on top of the default ones, in fact, those templates controls don't even show up in the preview window. whut ?¿?¿

1 answer to this question

17 hours ago, carlosdr02 said:

There is supposed to be only three types of controls: buttons, sliders and labels, but if I create a Quick App with a template (thermostat auto for instance), I has other controls, like combo boxes.

How can I add those custom controls or create them myself. And why can I not delete the controls of the templates, I mean, if I use a template, I can only delete the controls that I add on top of the default ones, in fact, those templates controls don't even show up in the preview window. whut ?¿?¿

You can't use other controls than slider,label and button. It is not possible to create you own. Actually it is hard even to access their CSS properties at all. You can use some HTML tags to access the label colors, font wieght, but nothing else.

It is just like this. It wold be really nice, if Fibaro allowed to us using some other controls, but unfortunatelly we can't. We must live with that.

If you use templates, some of them, like thermostat doesn't show up in PC preview, not even in device view in PC. This is another awkward behaviour that is inexplicable for me too. These controls are shown up only in YUBII.

So if you watn to create a QA with thermostat template with some additional own controls, unfortunatelly in PC you won't see the template controls, and in YUBII you will see all of them. 

For example we have created a QA that controls customer's heating zones (allowing them to set it to HOLD). It looks deffirently in YUBII and differently in PC, but customer agreed with it, as for him is most important to have acces to his all heating settings possibilites. (He needed to have HOLD option possible from YUBII what is not possible in normal way)

He can set zones to Manual mode, and back to Schedule mode either from YUBII.

I hope, one day, all these little annoying Fibaro limitations will be gone. Sooner or later.

Please login or register to see this attachment.