Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec MultiSensor 7 - Home Center 3

morpheus75

Question

Hello

Has anyone else tried the Aeotec MS7 with HC3 yet??

Ive got some and they include fine but no motion detection. The otehr sensors seem to update ok but not the important sensor - motion.

There is no template for parameters so wondering when this will be added .. Fibaro.!

Ive added the parameters myself using the manual and its hit'n'miss with the motion sensing side..

Anyone else got anything to add?

Thanks

16 answers to this question

Hi @morpheus75.

There are some people that have no issue's.

Did you upgrade to the latest MS7 firmware?

• Inquirer
  • The MS7 came with 1.3 firmware. on the Aeotec site the latest firmware it says is V1.03 which im assuming its the same.

The HC3 is on latest beta 5.102

Saying that when i had it on stable 5.100 i did manage to add and was configured and motion detection was intermittent, however now on the beta its always adding as Not Configured..

So will have to wait and see..

20 minutes ago, morpheus75 said:

The MS7 came with 1.3 firmware. on the Aeotec site the latest firmware it says is V1.03 which im assuming its the same.

All Z-Wave version numbers read as "major dot minor". They do not read as one decimal number, they read as two separate numbers.

So apply that to your "1.03" and "1.3" example. It reads as "one dot zero three" or "one dot three". Major number = 1 and Minor = "03" or "3" = numerically the same: three.

Conclusion, they are the same firmware version. You could say they refer both to the third firmware update, but that is inaccurate, because the vendor decides what a "version" is. There may be gaps, and there might be different hardware revisions, making software updfates incompatible. FGMS owners might understand what I am saying here...

• Inquirer
  • thanks @petergebruers it makes sense.

so will await for fibaro to update the hc3 again for me to get the ms7 working again reliably

@morpheus75 I have had a closer look at the manual of the MS7 (I'll attach it here) and there are a few things to try, though it is still entirely possible that the HC3 firmware update 5.102.23 has an issue. I would expect more complaints but on the other hand, maybe it is still early and not many users try this beta...

Question: is this ZW engine 2 or 3? If you add a Z-Wave device and the dialog allows you to do "S2 security" then you are on ZW3 engine.

Stating the obvious but easy to forget: did you try 'soft reconfigure' of this device after upgrade of HC firmware?

If you want to try something...

(Param 5) Motion Report Type

The default value is "2" meaning "send both notification and sensor binary report", so based on that you would assume there is no point in trying 0 or 1... But... I would start with "read configuration" to make sure the displayed (and cached!) value is correct.

Secondly, I know your controller is in the correct (LifeLine) group because HC receives sensor updates. That said, the MS7 also supports reporting motion to devices is group 2... I would try to add the HC if nothing else works.

Hope this helps

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • hi

thanks @petergebruers

im in Zwave engine 2.0

ive played with the parameters as i have the manual and i have tried the soft reconfig too.

ive also played with group 2 associations too!!

It does look like that the latest hc3 beta has done something to aeotec inclusion..

thanks for you help!

Dear All

Same issue for me

HC3 in FW 5.150.18

Device FW 1.5

motion sensor is not working

i added Parameter 4@10 5@2 but no impact.

for others data (temp, lux, ...) reporting is ok.

@morpheus75 is it working for you now ?

Thks

Hi all that have Aeotec MultiSensor 7,

You need to download:

Please login or register to see this link.

and then manually add parameters from section 11 of this document.

If sensor is powered by battery do not forget to wake it up to update parameters!

BTW - On HC2 and Aeotec MultiSensor 6 it worked for me only when I added all parameters and not only those that I thought are needed.

Of course this still does not necessarily will help, specially if you decided to use new z-wave engine which is as bad as zigBee on HC3 after all this time of HC3 updates :-(

• Like 1

Hi @Sankotronic

thanks for your message. I cannot DL the pdf but i'm going to seach on AEOTEC website

your advice is too add ALL parameters?

Where i can find the Wave engine used ? i'm just starting a new config on the HC3 (45 devices on my HC2) so i'm newbie :) with this controller., and started with AEOTEC device OMG =

regards

@SakkhhoID I've updated my ms7 to fw 1.6. Motion sensor is working now with fibaro 5.150.18. Stil no parameter template from fibaro 😢

@SakkhhoID I did the firmware update with an aeotec zwave stick Gen5+

The paramater I changed are below.

so i added some (1 to 45) not all) parameters and it seems to be ok. Tbc

i'm not sure which one made the difference ... 

Edited by SakkhhoID

• Inquirer
  • i did update the firmware of the ms7 from the aeotec website and then included in my hc3.

all seemed to work well for me now