Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Energy Panel bug

JcBorgs

@m.roszak

If you under ”General” selects a device in  “Main energy meters:” then all energy data logging in the Energy Panel stops to be calculated in the “ Energy Balance” section. Top Consuming devices are still being updated, but the Energy Balance stops updating completely and remain at 0 throughout the day.

If you remove the device from the ”Main energy meters” configuration then the ”Energy Balance” struts to work again but only adds data from the time you remove the device, doesn’t use any old data from the Top Consuming devices list.

We will need to take a look at your system directly, it works ok on every test system we have.
Please contact support, they will help you arrange some debugging with one of our developers.

As I understand your main energy meter works correctly and reports summary consumption of the whole home?

• Topic Author
  • @m.roszak

Well, today my “main energy meter” is just a ‘dummy’ device that have 0 kWh as value all the day. It will in a couple of weeks be working more correctly as then will the device start to get data from the energy company about hourly consumption. So no, the “main energy meter” isn’t working properly today.

But regardless of that, if the ‘main energy meter’ always reports 0 kWh but other devices reports 2-35kWh each day, how can this affect the Energy Balance? And when my ‘main energy meter’ starts to report consumption for the entire house, what will happen then? will Energy Balance display a combined value of the main energy meter and all devices in the house? Or will it only display data from the ‘main energy meter’ and then in the details below show how much energy that are consumed of each device/room and a separate section for the “differance” which would be energy consumed in devices without any meters?

Balance is calculated from summary consumption (from all devices if no main meter is set or from main meter only if configured.

So, everything is as supposed :)

I almost had a stroke that we missed something here.

And yes, if main meter exists then im consumption summary there is a category "rest" where all consumption not measured by end devices is calculated using difference between main meter and all the rest.

• Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • @m.roszak

Sorry for almost causing you an stroke! ?

But then it is definitely not an bug in the system, but documentation could be improved…. What you now explains are the perfect solution (in my simple view), but can’t find it documented anywhere…….. If working as explained then it will be truly useful, if “rest” category is high the detective work starts to find what consumes the energy not measured by all other devices. 

So now looking forward to start to get the hourly data from my energy provider and see if this actually works as you explained.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • @m.roszak

Now geting my hourly electricity consumption from the supplier and it works just perfectly!

This is an fantastic implementation/feature in the HC3 and makes it so useful to track electricity consumption/cost and also gives good information about how much electricity that are consumed but not measured with dedicated meters.

Good work Fibaro!

(But documentation around this and especially the Main Energy Meter settings under General settings could be improved)

Edited by JcBorgs
    • Thanks 1