Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

What Zigbee devices are supported?

SDeath

Can you tell me what Zigbee devices are supported specifically?
I read some IKEA Tradfri light devices are, but what specifically and what functions are supported right now?
I'd like to test as my kitchen lighting is IKEA Tradfri but I would need to keep current functionality, for the WAF. ;-)
Is the Tradfri Remote (E1524) supported for instance, and all it's functions?
The other lighting devices are tucked away in the kitchen, so only want to test if they are sure to work in this Beta test.

Right now I use the Tradfri hub and a CoAPs client and php files to send the commands to the hub from a QA.
When I can switch the lights on/off directly that would be great and save me a few steps in the process.

• Topic Author
  • Doesn't look like the Tradfri remote is supported yet.
    It is added to the system but there are no actors shown when added. So doesn't look like it can do anything.

• Topic Author
  • Awesome!
    Will update my experiences there.

5 hours ago, SDeath said:

So doesn't look like it can do anything.

You can do something with it after adding it to HC3: Touchlink it to a lamp (hold button in remote when close to the lamp until the lamp changes from pulsing to flashing). The lamp will respond to this remote and your HC3 and reports status

Edited by petergebruers
    • Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 14 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

You can do something with it after adding it to HC3: Touchlink it to a lamp (hold button in remote when close to the lamp until the lamp changes from pulsing to flashing). The lamp will respond to this remote and your HC3 and reports status

So what would be the use of adding the remote to the HC3?
    It communicates directly to the lamp that way right?
    And the lamp will report the status to the HC3?
    But the remote doesn't show it can do anything in the HC3 itself.
    Shows like a generic device with no options.

7 minutes ago, SDeath said:

So what would be the use of adding the remote to the HC3?

It would be a bit like using "associations" in Z-Wave, eg use S2 of a dimmer (which has no direct function) to control another dimmer (lamp)

It communicates directly to the lamp that way right?

Yes, and IMHO it also sends data to the HC3 but at the moment the HC3 has no way to handle the events. In the future, it could be something like "scene events" generated by some Fibaro modules. But it is not there yet.

HC3 could also offer a GUI to bind ("associate") or un-bind devices... But that user interface is also not finished yet.

And the lamp will report the status to the HC3?

Yes.

But the remote doesn't show it can do anything in the HC3 itself.
    Shows like a generic device with no options.

Yeah, the good part is that HC3 accepts the device, kind of knowz=s what it is, but it does not have all the software in place to use it.

A future firmware update could fix that...

Edited by petergebruers
    • Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • That is how I imagined it would work, a bit like it is now with the Tradfri Hub in between the devices, all are learned to the hub and with groups you can control/associate them to each other.

I thought the remote would show up like a Z-Wave remote and that way you could control things, but I understand it isn't that far yet with this beta.
    I will do some more testing, looks like my IKEA Drivers aren't mentioned yet by others so maybe I will all try to add them to the HC3, when I can find the time the next months.
    Not much lighting needed this time of year so not too big of a problem if some don't work great yet.

• Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • Added all my drivers and they all are turning on and off, just not dimming (Dimming is working just instantaneous), reported my findings here:

Edited by SDeath

Hi. Anyone here who have been able to test if a AMS HAN power-meter sensor works so far ?  

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
    so far I have tested HC3 with Zigbee devices:
    - IKEA Tradfri remote driver 30W (IKEA number 603.426.56) - works perfectly - on/off and dimming.
      however after pairing again with IKEA remote "button", pairing with HC3 disappears :(. So it seems it can be paired only with 1 stering device. 
      It is my kitchen light so still more handy just to press the button that to turn on off by phone. However - it works. (pairing - press and hold small pin in the case)
    -
    TUYA ID3 IG IG019 - same as Fibaro wall plug - works very well - on/off, also shows current voltage in socket. Small range - in my opinion less than z-wave.
    - IKEA Tradfri bulb (IKEA number 904.087.97) - I can not pair it with HC3 so far, no respond at all.

• 1 year later...
    On 5/5/2022 at 6:52 PM, jaskrzyp said:

Hi,
    so far I have tested HC3 with Zigbee devices:
    - IKEA Tradfri remote driver 30W (IKEA number 603.426.56) - works perfectly - on/off and dimming.
      however after pairing again with IKEA remote "button", pairing with HC3 disappears :(. So it seems it can be paired only with 1 stering device. 
      It is my kitchen light so still more handy just to press the button that to turn on off by phone. However - it works. (pairing - press and hold small pin in the case)
    -
    TUYA ID3 IG IG019 - same as Fibaro wall plug - works very well - on/off, also shows current voltage in socket. Small range - in my opinion less than z-wave.
    - IKEA Tradfri bulb (IKEA number 904.087.97) - I can not pair it with HC3 so far, no respond at all.

Hello, how did you managed to connect 30W Ikea driver to HC 3?