Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Start boiler and heater using a URL in Home Center 2

Joohane

I am trying to start a boiler and a heater from an URL that has a lot of prices and timestamps. I am using Home Center 2.  I have no idea where to start from, I understand I need VD (Virtual Devices) and Scenes, but anything I have tried hasn't worked sadly. How can I start a boiler and a heater during the lowest prices with JSON timestamp values from an URL?

If required, I can post the URL here. 

Can anyone help me?

Edited by Joohane
Mentioning the device I am using.

• Joohane changed the title to Start boiler and heater using a URL in Home Center 2

Please post your URL and we'll work on scene creation...?

• Topic Author
  • 16 hours ago, cag014 said:

Please post your URL and we'll work on scene creation...?

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by Joohane

The response includes prices for every hour, so your idea is to turn boiler and heater at the lowest price for one hour only?

Do you need to prevent turning on the boiler and heater at highest hours?

• Topic Author
  • On 4/28/2022 at 12:20 PM, cag014 said:

The response includes prices for every hour, so your idea is to turn boiler and heater at the lowest price for one hour only?

Do you need to prevent turning on the boiler and heater at highest hours?

I will try to explain what I want it to do with randomly generated numbers:

It will divide the prices from the 24 hour period to 6 slots with 4 prices in each slot like:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

And use those timestamps that are combined with those prices to turn ON the heater for 1 hour on those 6 cheapest price times and turn them OFF, when the hour has passed. 

The same thing with boiler but with 3 hours only, instead of 6.

Each hour has it's own price, so I want to separate it and have the heater turned ON for 6 hours in the 24 hour period, but not for it to run for 6 hours straight. And the boiler for 3 hours but with the same theory.

(sorry, if my explanation is not that good, my main language is not English. I will try to explain better, if anything is left misunderstood.)

Edited by Joohane

OK, so as I understand you need to turn On heater six times during the day in cheapest price slot. Same for the boiler but just three times.

Now theoretically you understand that it could happened that the heater or the boiler could be turned on for straight two hours !

For example the cheapest price in first slot is the last and in second slot is the first, is it OK?  

• Topic Author
  • 11 minutes ago, cag014 said:

OK, so as I understand you need to turn On heater six times during the day in cheapest price slot. Same for the boiler but just three times.

Now theoretically you understand that it could happened that the heater or the boiler could be turned on for straight two hours !

For example the cheapest price in first slot is the last and in second slot is the first, is it OK?  

Yeah, that's ok.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Joohane

I have a business trip on this weekend, will post the scene  on Sunday/Monday.

Edited by cag014