Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Nodon and Namron key fobs - Eventrunner rulesets

nea

Question

Hi!

Just migrated from HC2 to HC3 and converted tons of scenes to Eventrunner. Anyone using Nodon or Namron key fobs togheter with Eventrunner and can share the ruleset?

I've made some parts work, but I'm struggeling a bit with the HeldDown and Released part for dimming purposes.

Working rules:

Please login or register to see this code.

Non working rules:

Edited by nea

8 answers to this question

6 hours ago, nea said:

Hi!

Just migrated from HC2 to HC3 and converted tons of scenes to Eventrunner. Anyone using Nodon or Namron key fobs togheter with Eventrunner and can share the ruleset?

I've made some parts work, but I'm struggeling a bit with the HeldDown and Released part for dimming purposes.

Working rules:

Non working rules:

Do you know that you get the 'HeldDown' and 'Released' events?

If they work, it's the 'startLevelIncrease' et.al that is the problem - what kind of device is 'SOVEROM3.TAKLYS' ?

Btw, to make the rules a bit simpler you can make a helper rule for the keyFob that reposts the verbose centralscene event as your own "custom" event.

• Inquirer
  • Hi!

Yes, I do know that 'HeldDown' and 'Released' events exists because it works from Block Scenes. The device TAKLYS is a dimmable light and the dimming is working from block scenes. The name of the attributes are taken out of LUA Scenes converted from Block.

In HC2 I it was solved in script below.

Thx, for the tip regarding simplification. I did read about it in your tutorial and I'm going to transform the code after I have a working solution and full control.

BIG CRED for creating Eventrunner, great work. Brilliant, easy and powerful! I've saved so many hours in the transition from HC2 to HC3 using the framework. Thx!!!

I was more after if you really got the triggers in the ER rule, i.e. if 

logs when you press/hold.

If you are sure that's working we can continue trying to debug the setLevelIncrease etc.

If you have set

_debugFlags.fcall=true 

in the top of the ER rule file you should also see a log when it calls fibaro.call(id,"setLevelIncrease") etc.

Ah, the name is a bit different for the startLevelIncrease et. al.

• Inquirer
  • Hi, thx you're right. That was the problem. I've noticed that there is a delay when dimming using EventRunner compared to block scenes. Block scenes was more instant. The practical result using Eventrunner is that dimming is less user friendly. This applies specially when button is released and dimming continues for some time before it stops.

Are there ways to optimise this. Ex., will it help to carve out the key fob rules to a seperate instance without the rest of my light rules?

Edited by nea

17 minutes ago, nea said:

Hi, thx you're right. That was the problem. I've noticed that there is a delay when dimming using EventRunner compared to block scenes. Block scenes was more instant. The practical result using Eventrunner is that dimming is less user friendly. This applies specially when button is released and dimming continues for some time before it stops.

Are there ways to optimise this. Ex., will it help to carve out the key fob rules to a seperate instance without the rest of my light rules?

Well, the events are hashed so the right rule is pretty quick to lookup, however, you could trim it a bit by setting

in main()

ER usually have a 1s interval between polling for events, but in principle it works quite ok by clearing it to.

Edited by jgab

You can code it in Lua also, probably the fastest response (define it inside main() when you have the HT table setup). Depending on how you set it up you need HT.SOVEROM3.KEYFOB or just SOVEROM3.KEYFOB

My take is that it will save less than 1s, but could be worth trying.

You still need to set 

Edited by jgab
    • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Thank you for your support, really appreciated :)!