Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Multiple dimmers 2, same lamp, only 1 load

AlexandreM

Question

Hi all,

I have 3 switches with fibaro dimmer 2 behind, 2 of them with a bypass but no lamp and one with the lamp. I would like all three dimmers to control the same lamp (on/off, dimming if possible)

I tried associations but it works very poorly (only 1 switch will control the lamp, the others will become obsolete).

How do I do that?

Here is a schematic-ish:

1. Dimmer 2 --> power + bypass (no lamp)
2. Dimmer 2 --> power + bypass (no lamp)
3. Dimmer 2 --> power + bypass + lamp

I do I control 3 using 1, 2 and 3 ?

4 answers to this question

Is it possible to connect the three switches together with cable? This is the easiest solution from a Fibaro point of view. For areas like stairwells and hallways, such cabling is common. That way you on need one Dimmer 2. But given your setup, I assume that this is not possible.

Another alternative is to run a scene when a switch is activated. There is a parameter for this that you will need to change on each device to allow scenes to run.  The same scene would be set to trigger from each device. The scene checks If the light is on, then it turns it off. If the the light is off, then turn it on.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the answer.
    So there is no way to just program Fibaro to have the dimmers act as the same? Meaning on I click on any it just triggers the others accordingly? What is the point of associating devices then?

Do you have a HomeCenter (or something alike)? When you chance the dimmers without load, do you see the brightness level in HomeCenter? I am not sure if dimmers without load change there brightnesss level when controlling locally.

But when they do, you could create a scene to set the level of all dimmers to that level.

• Inquirer
  • Yes I have the HC2, but so far the only thing I managed to do is to change the status of the lamp based on the others using a scene. But it created an infinite loop basically.

If dimmer 1 is ON, turn on lamp. but then dimmer 2 is off so turn off the lamp etc...

Dimming isn't very problematic, I would mostly like to have the 3 switches with dimmer 2 behind being able to control the same lamp.