Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to add a zigbee device?

Anth

Question

Hi - I am trying to add my curtain controllers but am having trouble with the adding process with zigbee.

Is there a reference document for adding these devices?

I have tried with and without the installation code method but the page indicates the MAC address is invalid.

Perhaps does anyone have screen shots of adding a zigbee device for reference?

Thanks,

Anth

2 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Anth said:

Is there a reference document for adding these devices?

No, but there is a large open source database and also there is a specific topic here to log/share your experience with other users:

I suggest you try to find your device here, because often caveats and reset procedures are mentioned and they are rather device-specific:

Please login or register to see this link.

For example: "Livolo TI0001-curtain-switch" has this important remark "can only read status, control does not work yet"

Often they mention a specific pairing process (or reset procedure)

18 minutes ago, Anth said:

I have tried with and without the installation code method but the page indicates the MAC address is invalid.

Weird. I do not have devices with "installation code" so cannot test that. MAC might be case sensitive, use dashes, colons or no separator at all between de pairs of hex digits.

20 minutes ago, Anth said:

Perhaps does anyone have screen shots of adding a zigbee device for reference?

I don't have that kind of the device. I did add light bulbs, sensor and switches and it is pretty much "add" then wait, it is very uneventful at the moment. I mean, I don't think there is any user accessible log for example.

I read your question correctly and I told it to my elder brother because they have knowledge about zigbee device 

and I have shared it with my friends. As soon as I get the best answer, I will tell you here

Thanks