Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can't update Fibaro system: Error 500 - Internal Server Error

iorbita

Hi,
I'm trying to update Fibaro system from version 5.100.22 to 5.110.15 and I get this error: Error 500 - Internal Server Error.
I tried to reboot the system but it doesn't change anything...

What is more troubling is that the same problem is present on another Home Center Lite 3 (in my mother's flat).

Why this error? Do you have another way to update the system, e.g. manually by uploading system file?

Thank you for your help,

Lorenzo

Boot to recovery and do the update. That should normally work ?

• Topic Author
  • @Comfortica Hi and thanks for your reply, but what do you mean by "Boot to recovery"

Edited by iorbita

• Topic Author
  • ...this is not a cache issue, I tried several times to restart the console and clear the cache without any result...

Please login or register to see this link.

As all Fibaro services are working,

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

i took a deeper look. It looks like the Fibaro changelog server is down, so the home center update page can't load the firmware changelog, therefore error 500.
    This will be of course error as well on Yubii, HC3L, HCL and HC2, as they all using the same firmware changelog server.

@m.roszak Fibaro (or the provider?) can you forward this info to your IT?

From user perspective there is nothing one can do, except reboot to recovery and repair from file (which one need first to download from Fibaro server, e.g. for 5.110.15 the linke is

Please login or register to see this link.

The question only is "how really important the update is today, can i wait a day?"

Edited by tinman
    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • Hi,

thank you very much for this reply which lets understand that there is a problem on Fibaro server.
    I can wait to install the update, there is absolutely no rush to do it, but could you tell me where is locate “reboot to recovery and repair from file” options and at what address update file can be downloaded from Fibaro server? Just in case...

Many thanks ?

I have the same issue specially that I am setting up a new HC3. App says gateway is still not fully configured

6 minutes ago, Sjakie said:

Run all options off install and skip update

//Sjakie

App doesnt want to open the home interface page unless I update

Still not working. Is Fibaro tech support aware? Should be a pretty easy/fast fix after they learn about it.

Same issue here, urgent or not to update the Home Center, it would still be good to hear from Fibaro regarding this issue with a estimated resolution time.

• Topic Author
  • ... yes, strange that there is no reaction to this issue from Fibaro staff ?
    What I also noticed is that the internet connection is no longer stable, the indicator light on the console starts flashing red very often, do you also have this problem?

Hello All

i checked on my hub and working )i can get changelog) tested on 5.110.15. ( now) we solve problem at 12am Today

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Lets try reboot and then check again,  if then is working please post this info with version of your HUB and information about DNS for example google 8.8.8.8

Problem was solved at 12am

• Thanks 2