Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Device parameters

cag014

There is no option to change manually parameters of the device (w/o template).

Don't know if on previous versions it has been possible!?

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Could be that some option should be unlocked?

Edited by cag014

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

I am on 5.110.15

an i can change parameters manually

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thanks, so looks like Fibaro's beta bug... just to verify, you're refer to Yubii (not HC3)?

8 hours ago, cag014 said:

There is no option to change manually parameters of the device (w/o template).

the picture you posted  looks like zwave 3 engine, upload template button .. when you click on it, you will get asked for your own json formated template, right?

1 hour ago, cag014 said:

Thanks, so looks like Fibaro's beta bug... just to verify, you're refer to Yubii (not HC3)?

No, this is HC3.

• Topic Author
  • 16 minutes ago, tinman said:

the picture you posted  looks like zwave 3 engine, upload template button .. when you click on it, you will get asked for your own json formated template, right?

Yes, that's correct... any idea how to continue?

There is some default template elsewhere?

Edited by cag014

@cag014 that's easy hehe, click on "download template" from any other device you have and learn how they has been made. Based on that, and user manual for your device, create new one and upload. Attached Fibaro MS 3.2 and Walli Switch json files (they are reach an options, so good examples), just in case you don't have any other device added yet.

First time after you uploaded json template, reset values might not work as there are no values. So just click each every parameter to read values.

Sure you can of course immediatelly set desired value

There is no check if the template is for that specific device, you you might add as well no supported things :P, this device here do factory reset on param 1, and i uploaded template from motion ... who cares, just for test

(and no, it does not make sense to create generic template with params 1 to 255, with value -2^32 to 2^32 ...)

Before you upload new template, i recommend to delete the old one first, because Fibaro leaves the old templates (in user dir, as well in backups) when you upload new one

Edited by tinman
    • Thanks 1

• Topic Author
  • 13 minutes ago, tinman said:

easy hehe, click on "download template" from any other device you have and learn how they has been made. Based on that, and user manual for your device, create new one and upload. Attached Fibaro MS 3.2 and Walli Switch json files (they are reach an options, so good examples), just in case you don't have any other device added yet.

First of all thanks for an excellent tip,

That's easy? Just to change one parameter I need to create an entire template?

I'll  try to use code to set parameters... based on device user manual...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cag014 said:

Just to change one parameter I need to create an entire template?

maybe not entire, but just minimal like

Please login or register to see this code.

such template will work, as long the device accept value between 1 and 255. If however some values in that range are not allowed, one will get z-wave protocol error displayed and wrong value will not get set. Example "send basic cmd" is normally something between 0 and 99 and it can be as well 255. So better is enumerated templated like this:

for parameters with bitmask that will work as well, but it sucks to "think/calculate", so better to have specific one type (example taken from my template for ZHC5002)

and of course there is scale and step and unit, which can be used, so yeah, lot of things one can define to make template more readable and easier to configure. And for sure one can add translations as well, english seems to be mandatory.

Sure, the simple one (as long the size of param match and values not out of range) is good enough for lazy implementation.

Edited by tinman
    • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
    On 6/23/2022 at 10:01 PM, tinman said:

maybe not entire, but just minimal like

such template will work, as long the device accept value between 1 and 255. If however some values in that range are not allowed, one will get z-wave protocol error displayed and wrong value will not get set. Example "send basic cmd" is normally something between 0 and 99 and it can be as well 255. So better is enumerated templated like this:

for parameters with bitmask that will work as well, but it sucks to "think/calculate", so better to have specific one type (example taken from my template for ZHC5002)

and of course there is scale and step and unit, which can be used, so yeah, lot of things one can define to make template more readable and easier to configure. And for sure one can add translations as well, english seems to be mandatory.

Sure, the simple one (as long the size of param match and values not out of range) is good enough for lazy implementation.

Hi @tinman

Thanks for your explanation, but I have a question.

On my Philio PST02-B Motion Sensor I have to set the parameter 7 to 22 (I read

Please login or register to see this link.

that is the way that it can work well).

In device manual parameter 7 is like that:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_07/image.png.6f0fad3183ff8e11255d66f5eaafe49b.png" />

So.....how can I set it to 22 using the new Template method?

I have to use the "bitmask" instruction? How?

Edited by COAT

• 1 year later...

Hi

I am running HC3 with firmware 5.130

I can' find the three button you had with 5.11

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_09/image.png.388d8f8a6d766da5e2cd072b34385003.png" />

my 5.130:

Do you know if this is a known 'bug' and/or if they have been displaced elsewhere?

I have found a html equivalent for getting a template (http//HCname/fibaro/json/{parametersTemplate}.json) but no equivalent for a put/post/delete

Thanks...

• 5 months later...

On 9/4/2023 at 10:15 AM, yves.guern said:

Please login or register to see this link.

Hello @tinman

I also can´t find the three buttons. Im on HC3 with Firmware 5.150.18. I have write a Template with Parameters for a Shelly Qubino Z-Wave 1PM Relais. Can you help me to find a way to upload my template?

Thanks

Those buttons are there only on ZW3.0 beta engine.

In 2.0 it is possible to manually set parameter value as a decimal one, no way of creating the template and uploading it to the system.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
    On 2/7/2024 at 12:48 PM, m.roszak said:

Those buttons are there only on ZW3.0 beta engine.

In 2.0 it is possible to manually set parameter value as a decimal one, no way of creating the template and uploading it to the system.

Is the version with ZW3.0 released on hc3