Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Integration with Zwave products

BarbaraL

Question

Can I use any brand with Fibaro Home Center 3/Home Center 3 Lite if the product it's ZWave or there's some problem if it is not at the integrated list?

Edited by BarbaraL

19 answers to this question

Two further things to consider:

1. Make sure that you buy zwave devices for your region only, as the frequencies vary around the world due to local communications laws. If you buy off a local dealer you will be ok.

2. Some zwave devices may not have templates provided by Fibaro. The devices still work, you may just have to manually enter some advanced parameters.

• Inquirer
  • I have tested my product and I know it works with the Ring, Hubtaut and SmartThings, both with Z-Wave integrations. It should have some difference with Fibaro system when using a Z-Wave device?

Thank you in advance for the replies

Edited by BarbaraL

On 6/29/2022 at 11:57 PM, BarbaraL said:

@Tim__ what do you mean with not have template provided by Fibaro?

The template provides the list of parameters for a device (configurable elements such as maximum dimming level, alarm response, auto off timings etc). These show up as "advanced parameters". If you don't need to change any of these then then all good. Otherwise you will need to understand what they are from the device's manual and send the codes manually using the blank fields for that device in the home centre screen. Examples of devices without templates include the Qubino shutter devices and Remotec controller.

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • @Tim__ I already saw this option to send codes manually at Home Center Lite 2 but do you know if this exists in Home Center Lite 3 also? I only see the parameters from the native fibaro products so maybe they be shown differently 

Hello

Can someone help me how to add templates?! fibaro support promised that they would deal with it, and then in an update....
    Mobile shutter motor that has a "manual", but unfortunately I don't know how to enter the template.
    Fibaro's answer:

(Thank you for sending the templates.

Please note that devices added without templates should still work with basic functions since templates give us only visual support for maintaining the device. This means that templates facilitate changing the parameters, however any other functionality should work without problems. To change a parameter, please go to device's advanced settings and choose "Add Parameter" at the bottom of the page. All the information about parameters of a given device is in its manual.

Despite that, I will forward the template to our Software Developers for a review to check if it can be added to Fibaro system within one of the next software updates. We are constantly working on adding templates to our system, but because of large number of such devices it can take some time. I have to ask for a little bit more patience.)

Thanks very much!

You can't add a template, only the Fibaro developers can do that.  But you can add some device parameters if you need to.  Note, just because your Home Centre reports a device is "Not Configured", doesn't mean that the device won't work.  It just means you are stuck with the default parameters until you manually configure those that you need. There's a field in your Home Centre config screen to do this for devices with no template.

• Like 1

hello Tim,

What field are you referring to here?
    "There's a field in your Home Center config screen to do this for devices with no template."

16 minutes ago, kopek said:

"There's a field in your Home Center config screen to do this for devices with no template."

You already got the answer from Fibaro, let me quote you the relevant part:

On 11/16/2022 at 4:00 PM, kopek said:

To change a parameter, please go to device's advanced settings and choose "Add Parameter" at the bottom of the page. All the information about parameters of a given device is in its manual.

• Like 1

Hello,

Adding the parameter is some kind of code format if I look correctly. Unfortunately, I don't understand that. This is what the manual says about it:
     "5. ASSOCIATION GROUPS
    The EZRS engine mob.iq has the following association groups:
    I ASSOCIATION GROUP - allows you to send information about errors, faults and alarms directly to the controller (max. 5 devices).
    II ASSOCIATION GROUP – allows direct steering commands to be sent between SLAVE devices without the participation of the PRIMARY controller (max. 5 devices).
    III ASSOCIATION GROUP - allows sending direct steering commands (with BASIC_SET value 0xFF) to other devices when an error is detected (max. 5 devices).
     9. CONFIGURATION
    The mob.iq [ M35 EZRS ] tubular motor uses 2 configuration parameters: parameter 12 - allows changing the state of the motor (normal mode / calibration mode / discalibration mode) [1byte]
    0 - normal mode (default)
    1 - calibration mode
    2 - discalibration mode (resetting the tubular motor - restoring preset values)
    Parameter 13 - allows to change the engine behavior after receiving BASIC_SET with value 0xFF [1 byte]
    0 - last known non-zero position (default)
    1 - max open
    10. SWITCH IT ALL
     By default mob.iq [ M35 EZRS ] pipe engine accepts ALL ON and ALL OFF commands. This setting can be changed by sending the SWITCH_ALL_SET command.
     11. NOTICE
    mob.iq [ M35 EZRS ] pipe engine can send alarm notification to the first and third group nodes. Notifications are enabled by default. After detecting an obstacle or current overload, the tubular motor sends an alarm (0x09 - hardware error) to the associated nodes.
    12. COMMAND BOARDS LISTED IN THE NIF
    • COMMAND_CLASS_NODE_NAMING (version 1)
    • COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL (Version 3)
    • COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_ALL (Version 1)
    • COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY (Version 1)
    • COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC (Version 1)
    • COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION ( version 1)
    • COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION (Version 2)
    • COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL (Version 1)
    • COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION (version 1)
    • COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION (4

2 hours ago, kopek said:

Adding the parameter is some kind of code format

Oh, different vendors use slightly different wording, but it is not "code format" - it is all in the browser. My HC2 is turned off so I cannot send you screenshots. I can send a screenshot of HC3 which is slightly different but may confuse you. So I'll try to put it in text.

You did not say what you want to do with parameters so I am going to pick an example: let us assume, you want to change the state of the motor to calibration mode

Manual says:

parameter 12 - allows changing the state of the motor (normal mode / calibration mode / discalibration mode) [1byte]
    0 - normal mode (default)
    1 - calibration mode
    2 - discalibration mode (resetting the tubular motor - restoring preset values)

To do that, in your browser, do as Fibaro told you:

please go to device's advanced settings and choose "Add Parameter" at the bottom of the page.

Note that "use template" should be un-checked, I think it is already un-check in your case because you do not have a template (you do not need one at this point!)

Then "add" a parameter and put 12 in the "parameter" box. Size is not mentioned but you can assume 1 and lastly you want to set the value to 1 meaning calibration mode

Press save and watch the status window at the top of your HC2 web page.

It takes a few seconds to write this over Z-Wave to the device, so after roughly 10 seconds refresh the browser page. Your new parameter should be there and now you can eg set it to 0 to have the module in normal mode (default)

Good luck

Edited by petergebruers
    • Like 2

Oh thank you!

It worked until the "data type" had to be specified. I didn't know what to choose. But I will try what you wrote.
    There is also a "read only" and a "default value" checkbox. Should I check these or leave them blank?

I was / would be curious about the parameters just to see if I could change something.
    Also, if there is a template, does the value of the operations change in the lua code. By this I mean that it writes a value of 0 for the open state of the shutter, as well as for the closed state. (I wrote it in a block scene and translated it) But, it executes the issued command in any case.
    example:
    1. (block scene 779=opened)
    local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();
    if (
     ( fibaro:getGlobalValue("Dark") == "Yes" and tonumber(fibaro:getValue(779, "value")) == 0 )
    guard
    startSource["type"] == "other"
    )
    then
    fibaro:call(779, "close");
    end
    2. (block scene 779=closed)
    if (
     ( fibaro:getGlobalValue("Dark") == "Yes" and tonumber(fibaro:getValue(779, "value")) == 0 )
    guard
    )
    then
    end
    3. (block scene 779=opening)
    if (
    guard
    )
    then
    end
    4. (block scene 779=closing)
    if (
    guard
    )
    then
    end

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help, it works as you described.

The reason I was interested in this matter is that it is important if you accidentally recalibrate the shutter, since there is no remote control for it yet. Here it is quite expensive, approx. 180-190 euros. For now, there are 2 such shutters, if there will be another such shutter motor, it is worth investing in a remote control.

Until then, I will try to set a favorite position, because it is not included.

Thanks, Norbert

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_11/1376754797_Redny1.png.53eccc7d2a2d12c9ee09619c20fd373e.png" />1514423742_Redny3.png.94e82e770808ede3100bf5da839bd100.png1243273578_Redny2.png.e551cb10485f04fbab2f49a2e4f451c5.png

How to add a new parameter in Home Center 3? I can't see it in the Advanced or Parameter tabs.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.