Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall central control panel

Revan

Hello,

I bought recently Fibaro home center 3.

I have a question about central wall touch panel, which can be customised by me. I mean, I will draw layout of house with all rooms and garden, add temperatures, switches, and so on. Touching single room will display all devices.  What is best way to do that?

My second question is about garden watering. I have 8 valves and schedule. My problem is, that I do not know how much water I have in underground tank. If none, my pump will emergency stop. I looking for some sensor to tell me for example 100%, 50%, 0%. Any idea, how to do that? Electricity is no issue, I have it close to water tank.

Thank you,

Ludek.

Home Remote is a great tool to create your own dashboard for tablet or mobile.
The app costs a few euros/dollars and applies to all devices linked to the same google account.

The app can be tested for free, but then a blue info bar appears at the bottom of the image. This field disappears when you purchase the app.

The Designer application where you create your dashboards is free to use. Designer also allows you to test drive your dashboard before uploading it to mobile or tablet.

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I also have a problem with water running out in my well, so I bought a level meter from China.
The level meter (0-10 V) is connected to a Smart Implant. My level meter measures 0-400 cm but there are other models for other water depths

A QuickApp converts the signal into water depth and water volume.
This is then logged to the Influx database and displayed graphically via Grafana to my tablet with Home Remote.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_07/Waterlevel.png.d1d7337e53277c8caa5046767a7df5a0.png" />

Edited by RH_Dreambox

• Topic Author
  • Hello,

Thank you for tips. This home remote looks not 100% for beginner, but like very flexible solution. Have to watch some movies, how complicated is to get information from Fibaro HC3 and trigger some scenes, devices. My idea is to have nice big picture of home with rooms and present information’s about temperature, humidity, switches on/off,.. Maybe someone already prepared some tool to draw this easily. Is there some easier alternative?

This idea with sensor is very good. Thank you for that. Is that stable? After long thinking, my idea was to buy 4 of these: (just mechanical switch, when water is present)

I will connect them to smart switches inputs, so I can have information like 0%, 35%, 70%, 100% of water. It is not professional like your solution, but probably easier to implement.

@Revan Yes, everything is difficult at first, but you quickly learn how it works.
    On the Home Remote forum you can get help and tips and Home Remote's creator Bill is very helpful. There are also a lot of examples that you can use.

Under "Add Device Source" add Fibaro as a Device. Once you have configured the user, password and IP address, the Home Remote will create links to any device it finds in your Fibaro controller.

As for the level sensor, your suggestion will probably work, but you need to make sure they are absolutely waterproof. They are probably not meant to be submerged completely.

The sensor that I use does not require a QuickApp as I mentioned. I created a QuickApp purely to convert the level to litres and display this in the interface.
    Once the Smart Implant is configured, it will directly display the water depth in the interface.
    In my case I configured 0 V = 0 cm and 10 V = 400 cm.
    Good luck.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_07/Smart_Implant_Value.png.d1963789d58438b0c62b6e5b9f816445.png" />

Home_Remote_Fibaro_Import.png.a2167ebb3f1c0ec42aadd4a38f04e2b5.png