Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Encryption of Quick Apps , Irobot Roomba, Home connect, Hikvision, TTS

ChristianSogaard

Hi @m.roszak

Is there any update for providing Encryption of Quick Apps?

Fibaro have the marketplace

All over the wold a marketplace is a place where people buy and sell stuff - but neither is possible at Fibaro Marketplace.

In my opinion Fibaro forces professional programmers to share their work for free, with no way to protect their work.

I am not a programmer myself, so i pay for other people's work or get it for free from those that grateful provide that.

I have paid for the following QA Irobot Roomba, Home connect, Hikvision NVR, Text to speak TTS - and they amazing guys who did those can only beg that people will donate if they choose to share them public.

So if the donations is the only way to go, is this ok with Fibaro guidelines posting it at the "Marketplace" with a beg for donations???

I spoke with Roth Nordic and other companies, and they will not provide API information to their systems, if its not possible to protect the API commands.

So with Fibaro's missing strategy for protecting QA is blocking for a lot integrations. 

When do you provide Encryption / remove Edit function of Quick Apps?

To anyone else - dont ask me for the QAs - ask Fibaro for a way protecting QA, and I predict they will come soon after.

Irobot Boomba

Please login or register to see this attachment.

HIKVision - creating a binary sensors for all enabled SmartEvents in Hikvision NVR

Siemens Home Connect using Bearer token  

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_07/image.png.1f816c40378bc453981b79d11b351f56.png" />

Edited by ChristianSogaard
P
  • Like 5

I do understand this requirement even though I'm myself are a bit ambivalent. 

I feel myself that I would be more reluctant to openly share code in this forum if it ends up in closed QAs - at least it's a gut feeling I have - have to think about it.

Secondly, if everyone starts to encrypt their QAs just because they can we will have a lot of buggy QAs we can't improve. QAs get abandoned.

(and if I can't inspect the QA that it doesn't do anything stupid I would like Fibaro to have a quality vetting program like other App Stores ;-) )

Maybe you could get a partner license with Fibaro to develop a plugin - like their own plugins. They are not strictly QAs and their code is hidden. Then they could also create more elaborate javascript/CSS user interfaces like the other plugins. (maybe such a partner program already exists)

Edited by jgab
  • Like 3

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, jgab said:

I do understand this requirement even though I'm myself are a bit ambivalent. 

I feel myself that I would be more reluctant to openly share code in this forum if it ends up in closed QAs - at least it's a gut feeling I have - have to think about it.

Secondly, if everyone starts to encrypt their QAs just because they can we will have a lot of buggy QAs we can't improve. QAs get abandoned.

Maybe you could get a partner license with Fibaro to develop a plugin - like their own plugins. They are not strictly QAs and their code is hidden. Then they could also create more elaborate javascript/CSS user interfaces like the other plugins. (maybe such a partner program already exists)

I agree that there is pro and cons. 

It a very useful input and your voice is important to everyone in her

A partner license for develop protected QA al also a great idea.

The reason for asking for the status, is because I know Fibaro has been indicating that they would deliver this to some developers. 

We are working on it :) (QA encryption). 
    Of course this will be optional.

• 2 months later...
    On 7/16/2022 at 8:31 PM, ChristianSogaard said:

To anyone else - dont ask me for the QAs - ask Fibaro for a way protecting QA, and I predict they will come soon after.

@ChristianSogaard And when will the encrypted Siemens Home Connect quick apps come? 

On 7/17/2022 at 9:23 AM, jgab said:

I also have a strange feeling about this. Because I review all the code I put on my HC3, because (especially in the HC2 time) a lot of code can be bloated and buggy and make my whole controller unstable. I sometimes refactor the code, or strip stuff I don't need.

• Like 1

I personally think encryption will break the community and I like to think Fibaro does not encourage "closed source".

I will NOT trust QA to do stuff on my system without knowing what it does and I personally will leave Fibaro when that would happen. I also think the community will drop significantly when encryption would be available because no one would share code that could be used as closed source by 3rd parties.

Edited by fuser99

• 9 months later...
    • 6 months later...
    W dniu 16.07.2022 o 20:31, ChristianSogaard napisał:

Hi @m.roszak

Is there any update for providing Encryption of Quick Apps?

Fibaro have the marketplace

All over the wold a marketplace is a place where people buy and sell stuff - but neither is possible at Fibaro Marketplace.

In my opinion Fibaro forces professional programmers to share their work for free, with no way to protect their work.

I am not a programmer myself, so i pay for other people's work or get it for free from those that grateful provide that.

I have paid for the following QA Irobot Roomba, Home connect, Hikvision NVR, Text to speak TTS - and they amazing guys who did those can only beg that people will donate if they choose to share them public.

So if the donations is the only way to go, is this ok with Fibaro guidelines posting it at the "Marketplace" with a beg for donations???

I spoke with Roth Nordic and other companies, and they will not provide API information to their systems, if its not possible to protect the API commands.

So with Fibaro's missing strategy for protecting QA is blocking for a lot integrations. 

When do you provide Encryption / remove Edit function of Quick Apps?

Irobot Boomba

HIKVision - creating a binary sensors for all enabled SmartEvents in Hikvision NVR

Siemens Home Connect using Bearer token  

Please login or register to see this link.

Hi, do you know where is possible to buy or download Hikvision NVR QA?

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, marcin-hc3 said:

Hi, do you know where is possible to buy or download Hikvision NVR QA?

pretty sure its not possible, sorry