Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart Implant as Intercom Buzzer

EHAB

Question

Hi, i had added my Smart Implant to my indoor intercom unit in order to open the main gate 

now i was wondring can i connect the indoor unit buzzer to the smart implant input so i receive a notification when it rings

i am thinking to take the 2 wires that conecting the buzzer and contect them to IN1 and Ground is this right??

2 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • @Martin_N

i managed to connect it, first i measured all the intercom handset inputs till i find the points that is shorted when the ringer is pressed and i measured the voltage on these terminals and it was 9v

to i connect the IN1 to these terminals and it workes fine

the issue that i faced at the begining is the Smart Implant Parameters as parameter 20 and 21 was not available in my Home center interface 

but i figured that i dont need them when i connect the IN1

rignt now when someone pressed the ringer of the intercome i receive a notification on my mobile and i am willing also to improve it by creating a scenarion that turn on/off a specific light at this case

thanks Martin_N for your feedback and appreciate your support

• Like 1

@EHAB

It won't be that easy, you can destroy something.

1) measure the voltage on the buzzer at the moment of ringing.
    2) connect the relay coil with the corresponding voltage
    3) connect the contact of this relay to the input and gnd of SI.

This of course applies if there is a constant current on the buzzer during the call.
    It may happen that the buzzer is not a buzzer (electromagnetically), but only a piezo transducer and the electronics of the intercom sends a modulated signal to it.
    In that case, I would look to see if the intercom has another output for an "external" bell.

Enter the intercom type here.

eM.