Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Energo Panel - how to reset

Martin_N

Question

Hi all,

First I will state that I have HC3 on FW version 5.110.
I was making a QuickApp to read a Shelly3EM (3 phase meter).

As the documentation for the energy panel is dismal and the description of the device types is even worse ( @m.roszak gave some answers on the forum, so thank you, but please incorporate it into the documentation).
I worked by the pous/error method, when I found out what could be done and what can't be put into the energopanel.

What I came across the most was that values in kW must be entered into the energopanel once an hour.
As a result of the experiments, I reached almost MWh consumption within a few days.
Unfortunately,... I can "build on my head", but I am not able to reset this data via the standard way via "Panel settings".
Does anyone have a way to get rid of this data.
The picture will show my frustration.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

I am using powerSensor to read the current values from the meter to get internal consumption graphs.
However, to introduce it into the Energo panel, it is necessary to use another tap, the EnergyMeter.

For example, the given PowerMeter cannot be selected in the QA definition (perhaps as a child of the type determination in the code).
According to the API hierarchy, PowerSensor is:
>com.fibaro.device/com.fibaro.sensor/com.fibaro.multilevelSensor/com.fibaro.powerSensor.
Whereas according to the API hierarchy there are energyMeter, powerMeter, ...:
>com.fibaro.device/com.fibaro.sensor/com.fibaro.multilevelSensor/com.fibaro.meter/com.fibaro.electricMeter
>com.fibaro.device/com.fibaro.sensor/com.fibaro.multilevelSensor/com.fibaro.meter/com.fibaro.powerMeter
com.fibaro.device/com.fibaro.sensor/com.fibaro.multilevelSensor/com.fibaro.meter/com.fibaro.energyMeter

That is, in another thread of the hierarchy.

11 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Martin_N said:

What I came across the most was that values in kW must be entered into the energopanel once an hour.

kW (and not kWh) ?

Once an hour ?

That is not the way

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

• Inquirer
  • 5 minutes ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

kW (and not kWh) ?

Once an hour ?

That is not the way

Yes... I take samples every 5 seconds, average them and write them down as kW => kWh once an hour :-)
    Yes it's right. Shelly only provides instantaneous consumption in W, not cumulative in Wh/kWh.
    Otherwise mmi couldn't get around the damn Energo Meter.. Do you have another tip?
    But I need to delete those records. I've already started looking at Swager, but I'd rather the Panel Setting do what it's supposed to do. (I select the period from/to, device and delete... and nothing.)

Haven’t found an (extensive) Energy Panel manual, but all the information is here:

You should be able to delete the records. If not, in Swagger there is a request to clear all data in "energy" definition.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • @SmartHomeEddy

Thank you...
    so I completely missed this thread.
    I went through everything MOMOS.. and just had to search harder :(
    So, using "virtualEnergyConsumption" is already calculated by the built-in function for me without having to average anything... sending my solution to hell.

I was struggling with how to actually add "virtualEnergyConsumption" to the original sensor that reads the current consumption. I didn't want to implement it in code right away, but to use it quickly, for example via Swager: POST /devices/addInterface.
    Unfortunately, I didn't succeed here.
    However, pasting it directly into the command worked:
    /api/callAction?deviceID=111&name=addInterfaces&arg1=%5B%22virtualEnergyConsumption%22%5D

Thanks again for the direction. ...and I'll continue to "play" :)

On 8/25/2022 at 8:00 PM, Martin_N said:

For example, the given PowerMeter cannot be selected in the QA definition (perhaps as a child of the type determination in the code).

Well, it is possible to create it, if you need it. Example:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_08/FFD35525-FEAA-40F0-840B-05AE1ABA65C2.jpeg.350f867ee3cecc0c54237d83582084df.jpeg" />

• Inquirer
  • @SmartHomeEddy

Eddy.. I have a question for you.
    Because I'm still using fw 5.100 (I don't trust new fw and forum posts don't convince me that it's a good time to deploy on a production device), I'm not able to check if anything has changed with the PowerMeter type. Advice is the only option (even with new fw) how to create this type is the child?
    For QA, which has one "device", it seems pointless to me to make another child, just in order to prove the measurement of production.

My simple QA for monitoring consumption like PowerSensor with added Virtual EnergyConsumtion works great. It's a shame that you can't "only" change to Production.

Thank you... you are my inspiration.

Hi Martin, 

I use the powermeter type in the SolarEdge, Solax And Tibber Live quickapps. (I still have to change the P1 Monitor)

Is your question how to create a “main” device as a Powermeter type?

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Is your question how to create a “main” device as a Powermeter type?

Yes, that was my question,.. here it is already enabled in the new fw.
    If not, I will make the child device (as you have used in your QAs)

I use an empty quickapp of the type powermeter, first by editing a different type to powermeter, and now in the new firmware just create or upload one like this:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

(Now from an iPad, you need to loose the .json extention)

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

Im also looking to reset meters as history because I'm testing and do not like that info to be carried forward did anybody find a " real"  solution that works, Have tried the API route and that looks not to work