Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to get feedback from my AC

ABDULLAH258

Question

Hello

I am having problem with my ac that if i turned on or off from it's remote it doesn't give me anything in QuickApp. 

so how can i get Feedback into my HC quickapp if it turned on or off or any command by ordinary remote. 

is there any code to do this in quickapp or I have to do it with any board I already have ESP8266 so if it must do with it, how can I do it?

2 answers to this question

@ABDULLAH258

Not sure if you can get any advice.
You don't write what AC equipment you have (AC/HVAC?), what QA you use (yours or someone else's?). What feedback do you require and on what basis? (consumption, status, signaling contact,...)

As for the ESP8266/32, there are libraries for IR remotes that have many drivers/devices and their protocols implemented. Anyway, it's mostly one-way communication. In addition, the real issue of AC control using IR is more complicated. For AC, individual commands are not sent, but mostly always sets of commands including temperature, cooling/heating command, fan speed, swing,...
Once this is resolved, all commands can be executed using QA and API IR remote. QA would then have to remember the provided status, which will never be 100% functional without feedback monitoring. As a solution, the temperature sensor can be placed in close proximity to the AC meter difference in time.

• Inquirer
  • 15 hours ago, Martin_N said:

@ABDULLAH258

Not sure if you can get any advice.
    You don't write what AC equipment you have (AC/HVAC?), what QA you use (yours or someone else's?). What feedback do you require and on what basis? (consumption, status, signaling contact,...)

As for the ESP8266/32, there are libraries for IR remotes that have many drivers/devices and their protocols implemented. Anyway, it's mostly one-way communication. In addition, the real issue of AC control using IR is more complicated. For AC, individual commands are not sent, but mostly always sets of commands including temperature, cooling/heating command, fan speed, swing,...
    Once this is resolved, all commands can be executed using QA and API IR remote. QA would then have to remember the provided status, which will never be 100% functional without feedback monitoring. As a solution, the temperature sensor can be placed in close proximity to the AC meter difference in time.

@Martin_N

First of all Thanks for your reply

sorry for not mention it I have AC with type of split and concealed I use QuickApp (thermostat Auto) from HC 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Here it is what I'm trying to do, I'm trying to get feedback from external ESP8266 board which receive that signal from the remote and then transfer data to the HC for example Running a script.

My issue is that when I'm triggered on the board I need to turn on the AC on the Quick APP only without sending IR command toward the AC which repeat the action, I just need to adjust the APP to reflect the status of the AC that it is turned on.
    in the quick APP it is easy to run updateProperty which update the status of the AC. but doing it out of the quick APP is not and i want to run a script to do such action.

Another question if there is a way to get the feedback by using the Quick APP?? like for example the intensis quick app??

PS: I'm using Broadlink quick app

Edited by ABDULLAH258