Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Zigbee Range Extender

Grizzly

Question

Can anybody help me. I have included a Aeotec Zigbee Range Extender Zi on my HC3. It appears to be working fine however, I have a couple of questions.

• How do I know that it is now configured onto my HC3 and is functioning correctly.
  • I have added a Philips Hue Zigbee Outdoor motion sensor. How do ensure it connects (depending on physical location) to my Zigbee extender? Can I verify it?
  • The motion sensor has lost connection several times and vanishes from the devices in my HC3 the only way to reconnect is to reinclude it is using the Zigbee setup process. Is this correct?

Tony

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:
  • How do I know that it is now configured onto my HC3 and is functioning correctly.

if it get marked as dead when unplugged from wall socket, and reappears when you power it up again, then it is working.

• I have added a Philips Hue Zigbee Outdoor motion sensor. How do ensure it connects (depending on physical location) to my Zigbee extender? Can I verify it?

There is no zigbee network visualization, nor any other routing information, on the HC3.

Enddevice, when including far from HC3 but near the Range Extender, should/will be included over that extender. So in the theory, when you trying to include the Philips Motion Sensor without Range Extender, and inclusion timeouts, you know you reached the "extender testing point". After powering the Range Extender on again, you can try include again, and if that works you can be sure the communication get over the extender.

For some devices Fibaro support could take a look on

Please login or register to see this link.

, to check if the route is over the range extender (e.g. Xiaomi reports in basic cluster each every xxx minutes the parent network id as property 10), i have no idea if such information is available as well for Philips Motion Sensor, sorry.

• The motion sensor has lost connection several times and vanishes from the devices in my HC3 the only way to reconnect is to reinclude it is using the Zigbee setup process. Is this correct?

that might be something for support.

• Inquirer
  • @tinman apologies for the slow reply (been busy) Thank you, I am going to give it another go taking on board your information. An installer mode would be extremely useful for carrying out a site survey etc when installing devices - especially outside or in challenging environments. 

On 9/13/2022 at 11:45 AM, Grizzly said:

Can anybody help me. I have included a Aeotec Zigbee Range Extender Zi on my HC3. It appears to be working fine however, I have a couple of questions.

Tony

Hi Grizzly,
    I ordered the Extender based on your post and an information that you managed to implement it under HC3. How did you that? I have HC3 on beta 5.130.45 and Aeotec Zigbee Range Extender Zi - EU version(ZGA001-C15). My HC3 uses channel #11 for the rest of my Zigbee network and I am not able to include extender into my network(Reset was done, LED fades in and out). Any suggestions for me?

Pavel

• Inquirer
  • On 11/5/2022 at 8:00 PM, PKB2008 said:

Hi Grizzly,
    I ordered the Extender based on your post and an information that you managed to implement it under HC3. How did you that? I have HC3 on beta 5.130.45 and Aeotec Zigbee Range Extender Zi - EU version(ZGA001-C15). My HC3 uses channel #11 for the rest of my Zigbee network and I am not able to include extender into my network(Reset was done, LED fades in and out). Any suggestions for me?

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

Only just seen your post. Unfortunately, I have been busy with other things currently and not been able to dedicate time to experimenting with both the extender and Philips Hue (Signify) outdoor motion sensor. I have just checked my system and it is using channel #20. I haven't tried including the motion sensor again yet. I will provide an update just as soon as I get time to 'play' with these Zigbee modules again.

Tony